Dear Shriner's,
Last time I talked to the orthopedic surgeon, we were informed that Ruby likely needed surgery. Since then, we were sent back for not one, but TWO x-rays, as well as a video. I waited anxiously for 5 weeks, wondering what the fate of my dear daughter would be. This was seeming quite serious.
Then, our lovely care coordinator, who seems unable to fulfill promises of calling and telling us what is going on, though she has enough time to shoot me e-mails promising to call me, again fails to call. I called at the time she specified I could, and waited for a return call. None. So, I called the next day and was informed that she "done got my message". Then why in the world was there no follow-up e-mail or call to me? And then she wants me to wait another day to get me the information as to what is going on with Ruby. After I had given her 9 days since our last interaction as she requested. Sorry. No. Mama Bear came out and told said care coordinator that I thought that 5 weeks was long enough to wait. I wanted an answer. That very day.
What do you know? 2 hours later, I get a call from the orthopedic surgeon. Guess I should've been a jerk earlier. =P Anyways, dear doctor: Please to not minimize the long wait by telling me that it was "nothing acute" and that if it was, you would've worked on it faster. It seemed acute to me by the extra x-rays, video, and you telling me that surgery was probably going to happen. Please do not tell me that my care coordinator has been trying to keep me informed. HA! Please do not tell me that we're not in a "window" where surgery would need to occur or not. Last I checked, this type of surgery should be done when a child is YOUNG, and mine is almost 5. Her hips aren't getting any better, let me remind you, but worse. I DO appreciate that you are consulting with other doctor's and not making any rash decisions. I really do. Next time, though, please make sure that your care coordinator does her job and keeps the parents involved.
Thank you.
Kim
P.S. A letter to the geneticist: How is it that you manage to take a 2 week (or more) vacation right when I need your report? Just wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment