Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wedding in My House

This morning, Ruby and Isaac were playing along when the following conversation caught my attention:

Ruby: "I was trying to marry a man, but he didn't like the smell of me, so he ran away, so I can't get married".

Pause.

Isaac: "Do you want me to marry you? [pause] I will. I love you so much."

Awww.

Isaac then said he would marry her if she was nice, even if he didn't like the smell of her. Or something like that.


Then, this afternoon, I heard Ruby asking Isaac if he loved her and Jesus. Isaac said he did, but he loved Jesus more. Ruby decided that was okay with her, but asked again, "do you love me, too?" or something. Ha. Then they REALLY got decked out in their wedding attire.


Oh, they crack me up.


On a different note, I overheard Jadelyn counting today. Today's counting was, "7, 8, 9, 10, lot."

Also, I talked with Ruby's genetic counselor today. She ran the x-rays by a doctor. who specializes solely in skeletal issues and his impression based on the x-rays is that Ruby's hip subluxation is due to hypotonia. So, the question now is "what is causing the hypotonia?" The genetic counselor got back with the geneticist that we saw, and he said that the hypotonia he saw in Ruby was really not impressive, which is a good thing, 'cause it means it's not super bad or anything. So, they want us to go see a neurologist now to see if there is a neurological problem. The good news I see in this is that maybe Ruby won't have to have surgery but just more exercises focused on her hips? That would be FANTASTIC! We'll see....

David talked to the orthopedic surgeon today. We understand things better now. She said that hip subluxation is on the mild side of the dysplasia spectrum. (Why has no one told me this before? =P) And she said that with some hip problems, age is really important, but with the mildness of this condition, it wouldn't matter if surgery was done now or in 2 years. So, we'll probably not learn anything new until after we visit a neurologist and/or see the orthopedic surgeon again in December. At least I'm not so worried now. EDUCATE THE PARENTS, FOLKS! =P

Okay, this house needs some sweepin' and I need some sleepin'. Oh, that was corny. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment