Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rough Day

This is the day that we were supposed to find out if Ruby needs surgery or not. Our care coordinator at Shriner's didn't call today. Though according to her last e-mail, she would "definitely" talk to me today if she didn't call yesterday. I called her (as she asked me to if she hadn't called me first) and left a message. She didn't call back. So much for customer service. And my patience. It's shot. It's been nearly 5 weeks since we were told that Ruby will probably need surgery. So let's get it figured out. Tell me what's going on. Ai yai yai. I don't even know her diagnosis, though we've asked. More than once. What's with the secrecy? =P

I wanted to finish mowing the lawn today. To finish SOMETHING today. But the mower went shot. So it's off to the fix-it guy for the second time in a year. Okay, less than a year. Good grief.

And my gas oven's pilot light won't stay lighted. And it also goes out when it's on and baking things. So when I bake things, I have to light the light before starting, and then I have to check obsessively to make sure that it's still on. Convenient.

And THEN, worst of all, I talked to my Mom tonight, and my Grandma is not doing well at all. My sweet Grandma's cancer has come back, and she just decided to not do any more chemo. And she's really not eating, and gets sick if she tries. We probably only have a few more weeks with her. Our Matriarch. I hate cancer. And I hate death. Hate is a strong word. And it belongs there.

The end of my depressing post.

No comments:

Post a Comment