Monday, October 10, 2011

Update (or not really) on Ruby's hips...

Got a call from our care coordinator at Shriner's today. We even talked nice to each other. =O My, my....=P

Anyways, she is going to coordinate the referral to the neurologist like the geneticist recommended. So, that appointment isn't set up yet, but will be in the next week. Hopefully.

Also, we are going back to Shriner's in two weeks from tomorrow (2 months before our scheduled appointment) to meet with Dr. Walker, the hip specialist, who would apparently (?) be the surgeon to do surgery if surgery is necessary. We are meeting to discuss any necessary procedure. Or something. Just when I thought that MAYBE we wouldn't have to have surgery, now we're meeting to discuss a procedure? Oh, man. I'm confused. But I'll try to hold onto the peace I've had for the last week. Peace that stemmed from thinking that maybe Ruby wouldn't have to have surgery, but whatever. Worrying does me no good, so I just need to write down questions and not leave until the questions are answered and I understand things. Right? Also, we don't know if this means that Ruby needs surgery (although if she does, I'd MUCH prefer it to be done now than Summer when we spend so much more time outside, and when it's HOT and her cast would get all stinky/sweaty/nasty, but you know...), or if our orthopedic surgeon just wants to pass us off because we're HEADACHES. So, you know...I'm really not anticipating learning anything new during our next visit so much. Just like an "appease the parents" visit. Or something. Huh.

And that is the update (or not really) on Ruby's hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment