Well, I do.
This morning, we headed off to work with Daddy-o to get our flu shots. 2 of us didn't cry. 3 did. Any guesses? Ha. Ruby was definitely the loudest. But it wasn't all bad. Two of the residents gave them some candy and gum after it all.
Then, it was off to the therapy department, where the kids got to play with a balloon with one of the therapists for a while. Then, Ms. Debbie gave Jadelyn the cutest little hair bow that matched her shirt GREAT. I've never done the hair bow thing, 'cause, well, it costs money and takes time and such, but man...it was adorable. And after singing "Jesus Loves Me" and looking at some pictures, they got HELIUM balloons to take home. Ruby and Isaac were holding SUPER tightly to theirs, but somehow Jadelyn's got away and popped. There was a delayed cry. Followed by getting another helium balloon. Good thing those kids don't visit Daddy at work more often or they would be super spoiled.
Then, it was off to the doctor to see if I could get my blood drawn to check my thyroid levels. I used to only have to do this once a year, but since we moved here, it's every 3 months. Crazy. Especially since I haven't had my dosage changed since just after Jadelyn was born. I think. =P The people at the doctor's office are super nice. They remember my name, where David works (they've never met him), often remember to ask how the kids' therapy was doing, and we've only been there a few times. They also remember my kids' names (or at least Ruby's), so that's a bonus. =)
After that, we headed out yard sale-ing. Really, we only went to one, but we found a LOT of nice boys clothes that will fit Isaac when he's 16 or so. Ha. Really, we got sizes 5 -12? or so. I stock up and box 'em up, and then when the kids grow, I just pop open a box and am a hero. For now. Sometime they might stop liking garage sale clothes. At that time, they will need to find a job. =) Because today, for $50, I got three big bags of clothes/shoes. I love 50 cent yard sales! Okay, some was more than that, but you know. =P While at the garage sale, the office manager of the doctor's office showed up and said "hi" to us. Then we saw the receptionist who told us of her great finds. Then we saw the nurse and the nurse practitioner. Yeah, that would be all 4 of them that work at the doctor's office. Ha. The receptionist said they took a break to come out to the yard sale. Gotta love small towns, huh? =)
OH! Last night, I was just starting my mopping when the mop handle broke in two. So, my floors got cleaned last night, but my back was hurting from bending over so far. Also noticed scratches on the palms of my hands today - likely from the rough metal from where the mop broke. And with my spending at the garage sale today, I don't know if I'll have enough in my budget to get a new one next week. Yikes. I'll just have to cut something else out. I can't be breaking my back again. And, well, the squeezy-part of the mop looks like it's about to break, too. =O
Okay, enough talk. With being gone all morning, I have a LOT of work to do to get ready for Sabbath!
No comments:
Post a Comment