Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh, my, am I ever behind!

And Isaac (at least I THINK it was Isaac =O) had such a good quote this morning, I almost posted it to Facebook (haven't posted a kid story there since May, I don't think), but I DIDN'T WRITE IT DOWN, SO THEREFORE FORGOT IT! Huff.

Okay, to my notes of things that I DID manage to write down. =P

Jadelyn was holding her chin and informed me that she hurt her "knee". Huh.

Jadelyn brought a magna doodle over to Isaac and said, "you're welcome" with a smile. No, no "thank you" was given to respond "you're welcome" to, but hey! She's learning! =)

When putting Jadelyn to bed, she asked for a "'nother manket" (another blanket). That's what she often calls her quilt. This time, though, she was referring to a big-kids-blanket that stays tucked into the mattress like Ruby and Isaac have. I really should be moving her to a big-kids-bed soon, but AHHHHH!!!! =P

When her hair is not done, Jadelyn is hard to see underneath all that hair hanging in her face. One morning, Jadelyn was saying that she needed the "face out Nini's hair". HA! Now I know for sure what is more predominant! =)

At nighttime prayers, Jadelyn said, "thank you Daddy." Daddy asked her if perhaps she could thank Jesus for Mommy, Ruby, and Isaac, too. Jadelyn then prayed, "thank you Daddy, Ruby, Isaac, Nini, Amen". Daddy again prompted her to say thank you for Mommy. Jadelyn then prayed again, "Thank you Jesus, Amen". Persistent Daddy tried AGAIN to get Jadelyn to thank Jesus for Mommy. Jadelyn's final prayer? "Thank you Jesus, Mommy, Amen." David decided, "4th try's the charm". =) Good thing I know that Lynnie really DOES love me, 'eh?

The kids are all experiencing some super chapping around their lips/chin/whatever, so at night we slather 'em up with Vaseline. Jadelyn keeps her lips really still after this application. One night she said "night night" or "bye bye" or something - hey, I didn't write down the specifics in my note! - like a ventriloquist. Cracks me up. She's not really doing it much anymore, though. Rats.

David and I recently had an "ah-HA!" moment regarding Isaac's brain processes. David thinks that perhaps Isaac thinks in pictures. This would explain why Isaac doesn't know his colors, but can point out what matches other things. Or how he once exclaimed of one of those big white crosses by freeways, "Mom, there's a cross that is like Daddy's underwear!" Oh, man...that just cracks me up. =) This picture-thinking-theory would also explain why Isaac calls his toenails his "bottom ones" when getting fingernails and toenails clipped. It would ALSO explain why when I tell Isaac he can just put something in the washing machine he always asks, "the wet one?" Who needs formal names for things, anyhow? =P The picture-thinking-theory would NOT, however, explain this little story: It was time for Isaac to do a last potty time. He went into the bathroom, checked to see if his underwear was wet or dry (he can only tell by LOOKING sometimes instead of being able to FEEL if it's wet. Oh, wait - that's back to the visual thing. But I digress.), and then informed me of his findings. It was either dry or just a TINY wet. I don't remember. ANYHOW! I then asked him if he went potty, but little man didn't know. AHHHHH!!! So, I sent him back to try. That kid is about as distracted as his father at times. Hmmm....

Ruby was on the "phone" the other day when her side of the conversation caught my attention: there is a "lion in our house. It's killed a lot of penguins. And the penguins are eating the lion. And it's eating an owl, too. And it stinks....I love you, bye, bye." Awful nonchalant, I think. ;)

My three kiddos were stomping around in my "stompers" (aka "heels") when Isaac informed his sisters, "there's wet water on the road. WET." Right. Opposed to "dry water", 'eh? =)

Ruby wanted to help me vacuum the other day. It was going along smoothly until Ruby noticed something - "I'm so crazy, I'm vacuuming when the vacuum's not on." Oh, no!!! Not another crazy distracted child!!!! =O

Overheard Isaac talking to Jadelyn: if you need help, say, "Isaac, come help me, please! And I will come." That kid just melts my hard little heart.

I was in the kitchen while Jadelyn was sitting on the couch "reading" a book when I hit something and exclaimed, "OW!" Jadelyn immediately reacted to my pain, "I kiss you!" I expected her to clamor off the couch and come kiss my owie, but no. She sat on the couch with the biggest pucker directed toward me. I went over to her and THEN received my kiss. =)

When coming back from visiting our top-notch neighbors, Ruby commented that she didn't see the moon. Followed by this reasoning, "maybe the moon is at someone else's house tonight so they can enjoy it." Awww.

Isaac was talking about a whale fin when he declared, "I'll call this a paddle to row itself along."

Ruby informed me while in the bathroom to do her hair and teeth that toothpaste is "not good for your belly." Or Vaseline. "Or toys. Toys are definitely not good for your belly."

Yesterday Ruby decided to come spend some time inside where I was instead of outside with David, Isaac, and Jadelyn. But before she left, she had a request for David, "tell your children I love them." I'm so glad my kids say, "I love you" so much! =)

Today I witnessed the sweetest thing EVER. Today, the kids were allowed to go to a certain place in the woods all by themselves for the first time. I could see them in that certain place from where I was trying to reclaim one of the strawberry patches from the weeds. Anyhow, they are just LOVIN' the woods. We hadn't gone back there for about 4 months due to getting TERRIBLE chigger bites last time we ventured back there. Anyhow. Back to the sweetest thing EVER. Ruby and Isaac wanted to "adventure" out of the woods a different way than the tried and true trail. They did this "adventure" several times yesterday with Daddy-o. Anyhow, off they went. They went too fast for Jadelyn speed, so Jadelyn and I went back on the tried-and-true-trail. We were at the end of their "adventure" walk waiting for them. They asked if they could go back the other way, and I told them they could, so off they went. Jadelyn then decided that she wanted to go, too. I wasn't wanting to go, so I said that I was staying, but she could go with Isaac if she wanted. (Ruby was already off to the races and outta-there!) So, off she went. Isaac waited at the bottom of the hill for her, but when Jadelyn started running into trouble, he climbed back up to be by her, held her hand, and walked her down the hill. Then, he proceeded to take more than twice as long as it would have taken him had he gone by himself, so that Jadelyn could keep up with him. He encouraged her, helped her, gave her directions, and stayed so sweetly patient. At the end, I had two happy hikers (well, three, but Ruby was WAY done by then). And I got some pictures of the admiration the two CAN share for each other. My words don't give it justice. I was so proud of my Isaac and what a good big brother he is!

Well, tomorrow is a bright-and-early trip back to Shriner's to meet with a different orthopedic surgeon about a "procedure" or something. Guess we'll find out what that's all about tomorrow! I need to hit the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment