Over the weekend, Ruby was offering to read Jadelyn a story. But she had a disclaimer, "I won't get all the words right 'cause I don't know how to read yet". Today, it was a similar disclaimer, followed by, "but I'll do the best I can" or something to that effect. I love how Jadelyn and Isaac listen with rapt attention, though Ruby's babbling-stringing-together-of-preaching-sounding-words-at-times make little to no sense.
On Sabbath, we were getting ready to go for a walk to visit the neighbors horses, which the kids all love, though Jadelyn informed me now that "I scared" of them. =P Anyways, David was trying to distract Hickory so Ruby could get his leash on. It wasn't working well. Ruby then busts out asking David to put the leash on because "I'm not a dog one". Oooooh! =) Hickory is just a crazy hyper dog, and I don't blame Ruby at all. I just thought it was a funny excuse.
Early yesterday morning, David took Isaac to a deacon's meeting. Before they left, Isaac went around giving everyone hugs. Precious. Ruby was absolutely heartbroken that she didn't get to go. So was Jadelyn, who was standing out on the porch in her jammies and tennis shoes to wave goodbye saying that she was leaving, too. Isaac asked David to roll down the windows even though it was cold out so he could say "goodbye" to Ruby and Lynnie. Sweet boy. After the car pulled out, Jadelyn informed me that she was leaving in the van. Sweet, delusional Lynnie. Anyways, back to sad, sad Ruby, who was crying in her room. I went in with Jadelyn to see Ruby, and sat Jadelyn on Isaac's bed. Jadelyn said, "sorry, Ruby", trying her best to console her broken-hearted sister, but to no avail. Ruby continued to be sad. Well a few minutes after they left, I called David for something, and somehow I ended up talking to Isaac. But just very briefly, before he asked to talk to Ruby and Jadelyn. The "rejection" didn't hurt my feelings at all, I was just so glad he loved his sisters so much! Well, he talked to Lynnie for a while, who answered the phone, "hi-low, Isaac!", and then, to Ruby. She brightened right up and had a lovely conversation with her brother. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. They are so not used to being apart, and they both seemed to miss each other after just a few minutes. Not that they can't survive apart, because they did, but they just LOVE each other! I asked them the other day what it's like to be a twin, since I've never been one. Ruby said it was fun to play with her twin, and Isaac? Well, he was being ornery and said that being a twin isn't fun. =P Whatever, Buddy-boy. Anyways, they really do love each other. Note to self: remember this story every time they're trying to pull each other's hair out. (Not literally, of course. =P) Anyways, after talking to Isaac, Ruby ended up talking to David, and at the end of the phone conversation, she said, "bye, bye, sweethear....Daddy". Ooops. Guess she caught herself parroting David, that time. ;)
This morning, Jadelyn was singing at the top of her lungs, "This Nini's stoooory!!!" to the tune of "This is My Story!" She sure knows how to personalize things, lately. =)
At the breakfast table, we were talking about the new "dry diaper charts" for Ruby and Isaac's nighttime diapers. If they keep their diaper dry, they get to put a smiley face on their charts. Well, we mentioned "smiley faces", and Jadelyn piped in, "Nini's smiley face!" showing us her cheezy grin. Cracks me up.
The kids have started on their new morning checklists today in an effort to curb Isaac's slothfulness in his work. Well, Jadelyn kept me updated this morning, yelling from Isaac's room to me in the kitchen, "Buddy's all done blankets!" Guess she's excited about his quick work, too.
Outside today, the kids enjoyed more running and gate climbing, as well as playing in the sandbox (haven't done that in a long time), and picking seed pods or something off the big sycamore tree. Man, were they ever having a ball, giggling and laughing and carrying on, not even having a problem when they were getting caught in thorns. Crazy kids. I love 'em.
No comments:
Post a Comment