Sunday, August 21, 2011

Who'da thunk?

That eating a vegan jalapeno popper would be dangerous? Well, I learned Friday night that indeed, it is. For, as I was eating my last of 3 delicious poppers, the vegan cashew cheese (don't ask me why I bothered making them vegan since I drench it in Ranch to save my taste buds from being burned completely off) squirted out of the popper, and somehow some jalapeno juice ended up in my eye. It didn't start burning right away, but after a few minutes, it sure did! David said I should rinse it out. I'm not brave enough. So I asked if he could help me. When he tried to dump water on my eye, I jumped about a mile, and pronounced myself cured...though no water had touched my eye. Yes, I'm a chicken. And yes, soon my eye felt fine. =P

Our neighbor, Ms. Tina, had her gallbladder removed last week. So we've got to visit a few times, since she's home and not at work. The kids love going over there. They made her (and Mr. Tom, since he had surgery soon after we moved here) some cards. I was hesitant to give the cards to them, since it said on several of them, "I hope you pray to Jesus" or "I hope you pray to Jesus for real". I was afraid that it would be offensive to the neighbors, and that it would sound like we talked at home about how we didn't know if Tom and Tina prayed or not. Which we HAVEN'T. Anyways, David said he would give a disclaimer before giving the cards. So he said that the kids thought they were preachers, or something. Tom and Tina read the cards, and Tina started crying, she liked them so much. They sure love our kids a lot, and our kids sure love them. What great neighbors we have!

Must admit, I spent time sniffing all 3 of my children's hair today. Trying to seal the memory of their smell into my brain for times that I need the memory. I don't think it will work, but I enjoyed the cuddles while they lasted. =)

Last night, since it was still Sabbath and all, and I didn't have to work, =D, I enjoyed some special one-on-one cuddle times as David gave baths. It was lovely. Though near the end of Jadelyn's super long cuddle, she was wearing me out. She wanted me to sing the froggie song. And again. At some point, I talked her into singing the whale song instead. And then sang it again. And again. and again. And again. And I don't know how many times I sang it, but it was a LOT! Then, she'd want me to sing a song, and I would just start, and she'd want me to sing another song, or a different verse of the song I was singing. AHHH!!! Finally, we had worship and got them kiddos in bed!

Yesterday afternoon, we went for a hike down our mostly dry creek bed and then onto the road for a bit. We took a LONG break by the neighbor's horses, and just sat on the side of the road and watched them. I love long attention spans! All three kids (and Hickory) were happy as larks, watching the horses. And the birds. I love those times! =) Today, Isaac wanted to go back to the creek and rescue some fish that barely had any water left in their puddle. But when we finally got back there, there was no puddle and no fish. =O So, David got some fish from a bigger puddle. I don't know what the long-term plan for those fishies is. OH!!! Great story! Yesterday, when we were by the little puddle with the little fish, Ruby learned to catch the biggest of the minnows. Over and over. David was worried she was gonna kill it right on the spot, with her taking it out of the water so much and all. AND she wasn't so gentle putting it back in, either. Yikes! (Or as Lynnie says, "ikes!" =D) Anyways, I think it was Ruby who announced that Jadelyn had caught a fish. We looked over in shock, and there she was, petting the tiniest little minnow. We were amazed. Until she put it back in the puddle and it floated belly-up. David and I both said, "oh!" THAT explains why she could catch it! Later, I looked over, and she had TWO fish. Again, I was amazed. Until she put them back in the water and they BOTH floated belly up. Apparently Jadelyn is real good at finding dead fish. =O

This morning, we went swimming at the lake. Ruby and Isaac had a blast kicking the "boat" float-board-thingy. It brought out their inner-crazy-in-the-water-selves. They had a ball. I was having a ball swimming and just being in the water until I spotted a snake just a few feet away from David. I yelled, and we both high-tailed it outta there! Ruby wanted to know why I was faster than David, and he initially said it was because he was being a hero, or something...you know, some tall tale. I told him he needed to tell the truth. So he said, well, "I guess Mommy's just faster". =)

Tonight, we had a picnic out on the boat. The kids LOVE Daddy's "fast" motor, and beg him to get it going. The first time he started it up tonight, all three kids were sitting up with me giggling and screaming and having a ball. You'd think we were the fastest boat on the lake! =)

Well, that probably wraps it up for my rambling jumping back and forth post. I'm glad I remembered some stuff! I knew I had a lot to write about, but couldn't remember much 'til I started writing. Good thing I'm writing this stuff down, or I'd NEVER be able to tell the kids much about their childhood. =O

No comments:

Post a Comment