Today, the kids were playing that Ruby and Isaac were the parents and Jadelyn was the baby. I, as usual lately, was “Grandma”. Anyways, Jadelyn was saying that she wanted “food”, also as usual. =P So, I held out some pretend food. She was coming to get it, but then I decided to save time and “throw” it. Jadelyn “caught” it and “ate” it. I was quickly chastised by Isaac – “GRANDMA! It’s not her eating time!!!” Ooops. Guess he’s a scheduler just like his Mommy. =)
Jadelyn the baby was in a “cage” made out of cushions and such because she bites. But she doesn’t bite her parents. Only other people. They’ll teach her not to bite when she gets older, or something. Yikes. I hope that’s not how they handle their real live children! =O
Jadelyn is continuing to enjoy her imaginative play, as evidenced by her eating of pretend food. =P Also, today, she informed me, “I Dabid”. Yup, for a while, Jadelyn was the Daddy ‘cause Isaac was the baby. =) She also pretends she’s eating things at lunch that she’s not. This is a skill gained through watching Ruby and Isaac. Today, it was “I eat man” followed by an exaggerated crunch on her Chex from her Chex Mix. Later, it was “I eat chicken”. Yup, her imagination works. And she’s crazy.
The kids played Hide ‘n Seek for a good long time this morning. It was pretty adorable. Ruby would help Jadelyn hide, then go get Isaac, and off they would go, with Ruby questioning, “where could Jadelyn be?” When Isaac was hiding (with Ruby’s previous assistance), Ruby would have Jadelyn look in some places that Isaac was not before helping her to the place that Isaac was. One time, Isaac was hunting for Jadelyn. Isaac started going the wrong direction, to which the hidden Jadelyn said, “no!” Isaac asked where she was, and the still hidden Jadelyn responded, “wite here!” It’s kinda handy when they “hide” like that, ‘cause then you can always find ‘em. ;)
The kids wanted to go outside pretty badly, so I let them. Ruby fell at some point (maybe on the stairs?), and Isaac asked her if she wanted him to fall. She said “no”, but he did anyways, which, Ruby said, “cheered me up”. What a thoughtful fella! (I didn’t see all this happen. They came back in and told me about it.) If one of the girls is crying about something, Isaac will often fake cry, and before you know it, the girls cheer up. But not always. =O It’s crazy, really. Anyways, I tell you, that Isaac sure loves his sisters! Except when he doesn’t. Like the individual times he hit both of them today. Yikes. We’re working on that one. =P
On the way to Wal-Mart today, I pointed out the “gorgeous” flowers at the base of a “rock wall” to the kids. Ruby kept saying something like, “you’re my gorgeous one!” and Jadelyn kept saying, “gogeous” or something over and over. Isaac apparently wasn’t impressed enough by my vocabulary. He kept quiet about the whole thing. =)
I love Wal-Mart check out line. I used to be my least favorite part of the trip, 'cause the kids would go CRAZY, but no more. They're helpers. Jadelyn and Isaac helped load up the conveyor-belt-check-out-thingy, and Ruby (and later Isaac, too) unload the bags off the bag-hanger-thing. They are such helpers! Thanks, kiddieokies! =)
At lunch today, Ruby was talking about making our own pretzels ‘cause they’re not as “expensive” or something. Then she got to talking about how salt isn’t very good for us. I told her we needed it, just not a lot. To which she very wisely commented that salt has “nutrients” in it that we need. Then, she was saying that if we made our own pretzels we wouldn’t know how to make the salt stick to them, and we could put less salt on them. Like “one dot, or two dots, or three dots, or four dots…..”. I think she got up to “6 dots”, but I’m not sure. Around here, Isaac piped in that one dot would probably be best. Anybody in the market for pretzels with one dot of salt on ‘em? ‘Cause I guess that’s what these kids are all about.
On a side note, why is it that no matter how hard I try to be careful about the bananas I buy, they end up bruised? And that when David buys them, they're mostly fine? Just wondering.
During prayer time before nap, Ruby said something about, “Please love me all the time. Even when I’m dead. Amen”. I’m not sure where these comments are coming from about her death and dying, but I hope they stop. They’re a bit disturbing. Probably ‘cause I’m all paranoid about her possibly having to have surgery and what happens if something goes wrong…..=O
On that disturbing note, I’m out of things to write about, and I need to get going.
No comments:
Post a Comment