Thursday, August 18, 2011

What is better?

6? Or 2+2+2?

For Ruby, the obvious answer is 2+2+2. You see...she started throwing a fit about Jadelyn wearing Jadelyn's flip-flops. Yes. Because Ruby had worn them outside, and now she was going to have no shoes to wear. Obviously, since Jadelyn picked them off the ground to place on her own feet, Ruby had already been going barefoot. =P Anyways, for the fit, she was given 2 (or 3? I don't remember) trips around the garden. For which she screamed at me, and earned another trip. For which she screamed at me, and earned another trip. For which she screamed at me, and earned another trip. Get the idea? Anyways, she ended up with 6 trips. Which was a terribly large amount for my now hysterically MAD daughter. And so began the over 30 minute struggle to get her to take her trips without crying. Finally, she had to have a spanking. Sometime around this point, I told her I wanted her to take 1 trip as a quiet, listening trip (soothing sounds of nature, right?), one trip singing (to lift her spirits), and the next 4 to pray. And then, Ruby cried to Jadelyn, something like, "you know, it would be really nice if you would share those (flip-flops) with me". At which point, Jadelyn dutifully removed the flip-flops from her feet for Ruby to have. It was at this point, that I informed Ruby that she would no longer be able to wear those flip-flops. She said, "ever, in this world?" To which I responded in the affirmative. You see, this is not the first time ever that Ruby has had problems over other people's flip-flops. No siree. In fact, she was just able to begin wearing my flip-flops today after being banned from them for a week. So, "ever" was the next in my arsenal. Plus those flip-flops hurt her feet, and are too small - hence why they now belong to Jadelyn. Anyways, Ruby cried like her heart was breaking. At some point, I told her I had an idea. 2 quiet trips, 2 singing trips, and 2 praying trips. Ruby brightened, "and them I'm done?" To which I answered in the affirmative. Off she went. FINALLY WITHOUT CRYING!!! Of course, at the end of the trips, I told her that 2+2+2=6. Just so she would know that I hadn't changed her punishment. =P That girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment