Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Waddle, waddle....

It all started when Ruby wanted to show me something, but first I had to pick her up. She then wrapped her arms around my neck, and her legs around my arm and then told me to let go. She was "like a snake". That day, when it was naptime, Jadelyn rode my foot as normal, Isaac wanted on my back, and Ruby wanted like a snake. So, off we went. Somewhere began the "rattle, rattles" from Ruby. Jadelyn has her own spin on this, "waddle, waddle". So often, when it's off to nap or bedtime, Jadelyn is riding on my foot, "waddle, waddling" away. Crazy kids.

I'm working on pruning the blackberries. Already finished the pokey blackberries, raspberries, and boysenberries. Must admit, I get quite a feeling of accomplishment looking at my work. =) On Sunday, though, while I was working on the spineless blackberries, it felt like I got bit by a fire ant or something. I looked around but didn't see anything. When David came out at some point, we looked around and saw it. A crazy, spiney-looking-with-a-green-"saddle" caterpillar. We looked it up, and whadd'ya know, those guys pack quite the painful poke. "Saddleback Caterpillar". Yikes. Then, yesterday, I was picking okra. I do that almost every weekday. But for some reason, it TORE ME UP. After I was done, I got the mail, and by the time I got inside, I was DYING. David gave me some anti-itch stuff, which I slathered all over my arms like a madwoman. No relief. I stood in front of the air conditioner. It made the anti-itch stuff sticky. I used Calamine lotion, baking soda paste, vinegar water spray, and finally cocoa butter lotion. Luckily, the lotion did the trick. Ahhhhh... I mean, I really thought I was gonna go crazy, it was that bad. Yikes. Makes me wonder if I want to pick okra anymore. And THAT is why you should plant spineless okra. In case you were wondering. David wonders why I even venture out to the gardens. Ha, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment