Got a phone call from Shriner's today. The pediatric geneticist in Kentucky is no longer seeing patients or at least not accepting new patients or something, so they asked if we could go to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. I said yes. Not too long after, I got another phone call from Shriner's. We have an appointment with a geneticist up in Cincinnati on Thursday. Yup. A week and a day from the time I was told that we might have to wait a year to see a geneticist. God is GOOD! He so knows that I'm having a hard time waiting. I know, I know...I still need to work on being patient. Seriously, I get knots in my stomach off and on thinking about Ruby's problems. I'm scared, but thankful that maybe we can finally get this problem corrected. Ruby says if she has to have surgery she is gonna run away from the doctor. =) We've been talking about how this might be what we need to do to keep her from hurting real bad when she gets bigger. Today we talked about how if she understands things more, she might not be so scared. I encouraged her to ask the doctors questions, but she doesn't think she'll remember them. Oh, my...how much she is like her Mommy! =O We also talked about how she might have to get her blood drawn at the geneticist on Thursday. Thankfully she's seen me get my blood drawn at least 3 times, so she knows what it's like. And she's not queasy. She just doesn't like pain. I'm thinking that a lot of screaming will be involved if she has to have her blood drawn, but you know...won't be the first...or last...time that she screams, I'm sure. =P
On Sabbath, we played hooky and skipped church. We've been wanting to go hiking, so hiking we went. The kids really did well for how far we hiked (4 miles, maybe?) and when we hiked (smack in the middle of lunchtime/naptime). David and I had to remind ourselves of this a little, 'cause they sure whined a lot. =P But, if we had to walk like 12 miles and climb over numerous things that were up to our knees or waists, I bet we'd complain, too. =O Isaac did some long-distance (for him) running. I was so proud! =) We also hid behind lots of trees, and the kids made friends with a couple dogs we met - we saw Toby a couple times, and the kids just loved him. So different than it would have been if we didn't have Hickory. Back in the day they (at least Isaac) would scream in terror and try to run away. This whole being-friends-with-dogs-thing is a nice change. ;) It was nice to be outside and in the woods. though I think I have some chigger bites as a result. =P
Yesterday, David worked on building the kids their playset/fort/playhouse. It is so cool. I love just looking at it. In fact, I thought I should take the computer out there and enjoy, but yeah...I didn't. =O
Notes from Friday:
Jadelyn came walking towards me while we were outside, saying, "bug hurt me!" Sure enough...I looked at her foot, and it appears she was stung. No crying, though, and after some baking soda paste, she was good as new! =)
Isaac asked me when he has to get married. I told him not for a long time. His response? "That's sad!" 'Cause he wants to grow up, get married, and have babies. Oye.
Note from Sabbath:
After putting the kids to bed, Jadelyn was in her room talking to herself. Or her stuffed animals and baby. Whatever. Anyways, one thing she said caught my attention, “Please stop doing that. Not nice!” Don’t know what those mean stuffed animals were doing….=)
Note from Sunday:
I went in to sweep the kid’s room after they were in bed ‘cause I was behind like that =O, and I said, “why does your room smell so bad?” to which Ruby responded something like, “maybe ‘cause Daddy killed a spider. Or because Daddy stinks”. I don’t know why, but that just made me laugh. If you must know why their room smelled so bad, it was the latter of Ruby’s suggestions. =O Oh, also, David said that when he went in to kill the spider, Isaac was laying so close to the edge of his bed that he slipped right out of bed and onto his face. Much crying resulted. The specific reason? Isaac's finger got hurt. Hmmm.....
I'm sure there are so many more little things I want to remember, but I've already forgotten them. =O
No comments:
Post a Comment