Today, I was holding Jadelyn, and as she gazed into my eyes (or stared might be the correct term), she noticed something. Then, she asked me to go to "sweep". I told her I was holding her, not sleeping. She then poked at my eyes, so I closed them. She pried them open, and announced, "baby in dere!" Took me a second to get that she was talking about seeing her reflection in my eyes. No WONDER she was staring! She talked quite a bit about this, and I finally got her to realize that she was seeing herself. Maybe not, but you know...she started saying, "Lynnie in dere!"
Today, Isaac told me what I believe to be a true story. He rescued a bee from the pool today. He used a stick to get it out, then whacked the stick on the ground to free the bee. I-Z informed me in a pleasantly surprised voice, "it didn't sting me!" He thinks that the bee said something like, "Hmmm...Isaac is being nice to me, so I won't sting him". I'm glad he's nice to bees. =)
Yesterday, Isaac had caught a bug. It was in a big bin, and he put the lid to the trash can over it, so it wouldn't escape. He was PROUD of this thing. Anyways, when I finally got around to looking at it, I realized that it was a decapitated June bug (I think). So, I told Isaac that the bug was dead. Isaac wanted to know why. I told him it was missing it's head. So, my little fella took it upon himself to bury his bug. Ain't he thoughtful?
No comments:
Post a Comment