I rather enjoy listening to conversations that my kids have with each other...so long as there isn't rising voices or screaming to go along with them. =O
When down at the creek bed yesterday catching fish, Ruby told Isaac that he needed to be patient. Isaac was really getting worked up by this point, and told her he was "losing it!" Ha! True, true. =P David says that they sound like an old married couple with all their arguing and stuff. =P
This morning at breakfast, Isaac, who sits completely across the table from Jadelyn (the long way, even), said that Jadelyn was poopy. That boy has a sensitive nose and can smell poop from a mile away! Anyways, he was talking to Jadelyn about this, and she asked, "Isaac poopy?" To which Isaac said, "no, I go on the potty". At some point, Jadelyn asked, "Lynnie poopy?" followed later by, "nasty!" Isaac told Jadelyn that Ruby goes poopy in the potty, to which Jadelyn responded, "ikes!" Crazy kids.
This morning, Isaac and Ruby both found moths, which became their pets. Ruby pronounced today, "moth day" and carried her poor moth around by a wing, and Isaac put his in a container. He's not all about touching bugs and such. Anyways, the moths amused them for over half an hour, and eventually they were let go. Much to their relief, I'm sure. =O That activity was followed by worship in Ruby and Isaac's room - listening to a story CD and some random singing. They all had special places to sit and had a lovely time. That was followed by making "thank you" cards for Noah, from church, who had given each kid a stuffed frog that used to belong to his Grandma. Then, they played that they were sleeping. Though Jadelyn was NOT a cooperative baby, and wouldn't go to sleep or lay still and quiet. Eventually her "Mommy" and "Daddy" took away her blanket and frog, which led to much tears. =P Jadelyn really gets into the pretend play thing...as long as she can still do what she wants! I was folding laundry in my room, when Jadelyn appeared. "Grandma! I want food, Grandma!" I gave her some pretend food, which she happily "ate" before asking for "more!" That whole, "I want food" thing is becoming quite the regular thing. It popped out several times at church on Sabbath, too. That Lynnie sure likes her food! Unless, of course, she doesn't. =P
When we finally got outside, Ruby and Isaac were rolling around like crazy bandits in the grass. (Isaac is ITCHY from this, and so "story time" for the day was replaced with "lotion time". Oh, and cut-your-fingernail-and-toenail-time. =O) Then, Ruby and Isaac spent half an hour or more at the chicken fence - feeding the chickens grass. Jadelyn, for her part, spent some time with Ruby and Isaac, time pushing the stroller around (and getting mad when it got stuck), and helping me pick green beans. Ah. As much work as summertime is, I'll miss it when it's gone!
Now, I'm supposed to be making salsa. Oh, motivation, where AAAAARRRREEE YOOOOUUUUU?!?!?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment