Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just stuff....

Yesterday, Isaac made a SUPER cool train track that stayed in the corner of the house all day. It wound behind the blanket basket, weaved amongst itself, went over a bridge, I believe, and went under a oatmeal-container tunnel. Awesome. That guy is a stinkin' thinker, and so creative. I love it!

It's been like 80-85 outside today and yesterday. The kids all took a 3 hour nap yesterday...think they will today? =) I attributed the long nap to the cooler room temperatures. It's strange how 80 degrees can seem cool. When I was a kid, 70 degrees was swimming weather! Ha. That's what I get for being born in the U.P, 'eh? =)

When folding socks yesterday, there was one point when all 5 of us had a sock with no partner. Fear not, all of them found their friend.

I taught Isaac how to play "Chutes and Ladders" on Tuesday for our "Special Time". He loved it. Yesterday, Ruby and Isaac played together with me. Ruby's first time. She totally got it from watching Isaac and I the day before. Knew which way to go, how to count the spaces, and where to stop. Amazing. =) She spun a 3, and said, "I'm three!" and then proceeded to move forward 3 spaces. I was shocked. We've never worked on number recognition. So, I pointed at the other numbers on the spinner. She got all of them except "2". Wow. She later proceeded to teach Isaac at least some of those numbers. Maybe someday she'll get him to learn his colors? =) David commented that it's neat to see how they are so intelligent in different areas. Isaac is like a stinkin' genius when it comes to figuring things out, but doesn't know his colors and struggles with numbers a bit. Like, "how many is three?" So I tell him to put up four fingers (he knows that one, since that's how old he is), and then put one down. Then he gets it. His brain sure works different than mine, but boy, does it WORK! =) Ruby's brain seems to be more like mine. So we can communicate, but MAN, do we hit heads sometimes! =P Anyways, we didn't have time to finish the game before I had to get supper on the table, so Ruby and Isaac played together while I finished getting supper around. And after supper they played "Chutes and Ladders" for another 30 minutes. WITH.NO.FIGHTING! =O Could this be the beginning of something beautiful? Ha! They really have been playing nicely lately. Well, we had our struggles this morning, but you know, we all have "days", right? =P OH! And after they were done playing, they decided together to pick it up and put it away. And I didn't even die of a heart attack!!! But maybe I had a bit of a "pride attack". Corny, corny, I know. =P

Jadelyn is learning to put on her pants. After she's bathed and diapered, she goes to her dresser and picks out her jammies. Last night, she got her pants on, slightly cock-eyed and pulled way up. Then, she had me "look, Mom!" And made sure to tell Ruby "look!" And probably had Daddy "look", too. She's really becoming independent, and tells me she wants to do things her "self!" Oh, and I love how she asks me if she can help me: "ah elp me, you?" It's an addition of "you" on to her usual, "AH ELP ME, PEAS!!!!" That kid is a crack up.

So is Ruby, who was telling me that a song she was singing today, "cracks me up. But not really. I'm just pretending." What a gal.

Oh, and Isaac is gonna be a great Daddy someday. He's already praying for his babies, and that they'll be "safe".

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment