Monday, August 8, 2011

Man, they age QUICK!

Ruby used the word "opportunity" twice in her morning worship prayer. Correctly, even. Wow.

Today, all three kids have been having way too much fun with the turtle that again came into our lives. We set it free once. It's back. David found it under the grape vines yesterday. We can tell it's the same one, 'cause there's a big 'ole dent/chunk-taken-out-of it's shell. It's not afraid of us anymore. It keeps it's head and legs out all the time. Even when the kids are shrieking with delight (or another sort of shrieking, I'm assuming, though I haven't watched the turtle during those times), or when they are petting it's head/legs, and even when they pick it up. During the latter mentioned time, in fact, it stretches out it's oh-so-long (and purple stained neck (from the berry it ate this morning)) neck like it's trying to stroke their arms with it's head. Precious. As long as it doesn't poop again. 'Cause that STUNK. I digress. Today the turtle has been carried around the house - in a basket, as well as in hands. It has sat on a chair at the dining room table for both meals (in a basket). It's been transferred back and forth and forth and back and back and forth, and...you get the idea...from the big bin to the little basket. It has played in water in the new garbage pail outside, went for several walks in the grass, had several rides in the wheelbarrow, been jumped over (I put a kabosh on that one), was about to go down the slide (yes, I also put the kabosh on that one), has been in the sandbox, and oh, boy, I'm sure I missed some. Oh, yeah. It got hit. Jadelyn had to take a trip around the garden for that one. Oh, and it MAY have gotten it's legs pulled. For which Ruby has lost turtle privileges until Daddy gets home. Isaac thinks that it's a good thing that Daddy gave him the turtle, 'cause he takes good care of it, and the girls are mean to it. Isaac also thinks we should always keep the turtle 'cause it kept them from getting out too many toys this morning, hence making their pick-up time easier. =)

The kids normally play that they are Mommy and Daddy and Baby. But today, suddenly, Ruby and Isaac were "Grandma" and "Grandpa". My, how they age!

No comments:

Post a Comment