Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Single-Moming It

So, today I was a "single-Mom" until about half an hour before bedtime. The kids behavior was fine, but my poor little fella threw up 5 times. Thankfully 2 of those times was outside, and he went over to the woods before up-chucking. 2 of the times he made it in the bowl, and the other one? All over the living room floor. Yuck. David is SO the puke cleaner-upper, but I managed to survive. Without throwing-up myself, though I did have to look away and bury my nose in my shirt several times. Why was this a day that David couldn't be home more? Stinkin' survey. =P And then, as I was enjoying my naptime peace, it was cut very short. Ruby and Isaac woke up and were partying by like 3pm. I know, I shouldn't complain, since my almost 5 year-olds are still such good nappers. I'm not ready for the next phase of parenthood - "the no naptime phase". YIKES! I really have no idea how single parents do it. I'm just emotionally drained by like 5:30pm, and my brain is screaming, "BACK-UP, PLEASE!!!!" Even if the kids have been good. Crazy.

And to end, a quote from my Isaac, "I have a blender in my belly. It blends my food up gooder". I love that little guy - puke and all. May this sickness not last for weeks and weeks and weeks like it did 2 years ago. =O

No comments:

Post a Comment