Mom to crazy 7 year-old twins, and a crazy 5 year old. Wife to a CRAZY husband. Welcome to my crazy life!!!
Thursday, November 17, 2011
I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!
I am frustrated beyond belief about the run-around and lack of communication from Shriners after being told that they plan to put Ruby in a cast for 6 months. We have concerns (which of course I think are quite valid), shared them, and now have waited a week with NO ANSWERS. The care coordinator told us yesterday that Dr. Walker hasn't responded to the e-mail and that the care coordinator would get a hard copy of the e-mail to Dr. Walker today. In today's e-mail, she told me that Dr. Walker has been very busy today (isn't she always?) and that the care coordinator "suspects" the Dr. Walker will REVIEW the e-mail at the end of the day. When can we expect a response? In a year? Good grief. Why won't they just clear up the confusion and get on with the best plan of action? Ruby ain't gettin' any younger, and this problem should've been fixed YEARS ago. Add to this the fact that I found a 30 page or so report last night from some Dr.'s at Mayo Clinic about CMT and hip subluxation and how often this problem happens in CMT kids and how it may be a bad idea for a CMT kid to be put in a cast because it "may exacerbate hip weakness". But when we bring up the possibility of CMT playing a role in Ruby's hip subluxation to the Dr.'s they blow us off. Mama Bear is out in full force and I'm having a hard time calming down so I can be civil when they do decide that it's important enough to get back with us. Everything I read says this problem should be fixed by age 5, and Ruby will be 5 in 25 days. STOP PUTTING US OFF!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I think I need to scream. But the kids are sleeping. So I shouldn't do that. Maybe I should go iron. =/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment