Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Huh....

Well, we have heard nothing back from Shriners after asking our questions about the plan of putting Ruby in a cast for 6 months. I sense a pattern - tell parents scary things and then leave them dangling. =P Well, we're planning on Ruby having to be in a cast for some time - whether it's the 6 months with no surgery or the 6 weeks following surgery, so today during our Wal-Mart trip, we bought big underwear to cut and affix velcro to so that it will fit over her cast. Got home and realized that won't work. So, we'll have to buy material and make it fit like a diaper like my smart mother-in-law brainstormed. Next up will be pants/skirts that will fit over the cast and then to make some chairs that Ruby will be able to sit in and such. Trying to make this seem like an adventure of sorts to the kids instead of the dreadful mess that it is. Hope I can keep it up. And hope it gets done soon. If she gets her cast on next week (yeah, not likely), she won't be out of it until almost June. And then it's HOT and SWIMMIN' weather, folks. And this gal loves to swim. We were at a hotel on our way back from Grandma's house on Sabbath night, and that gal went right from the hot tub to literally jumping in the pool. She has SUCH a sense of adventure and craziness. I love it. Though I don't share it. =O

It was nice to see Grandma, but sad, too. She sleeps a lot of the day, and doesn't seem to feel like talking much. She's still crocheting 2 hand towels a day, and still working on her crossword puzzles, but she's getting so very weak. I don't understand at all how she can do what she does on just a tiny bit of apple juice and a few bites of ice cream a day. That lady is simply amazing. I am so very blessed to have her as my Grandma. The strength! Wow. Ruby especially seemed to enjoy being with Grandma - standing by her chair, talking and showing her paintings over and over and over, and Grandma? She was a grand sport. Though she wasn't all about the kids pulling all the toys out of the toy box at once. Ooops. =O Ruby and Isaac both seemed to really enjoy their time with their great-aunts and uncles. All cuddle-buggy they were! =) When we were getting ready to leave, Uncle Skosh told me something about how I was the rock for my family, as it's hereditary. I don't know if I can EVER posses the strength and grace of Grandma. I sure love her, and wish she didn't have to go through all this. When I told her that, Grandma said that we all have to at some time and told me that there are "better days ahead", which seemed to be in reference to heaven. Oh, to take the pain out of it, though, 'eh?

Huh...sure seems like there is more to say, but yeah, that's what I get for not writing down any notes. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment