Last week, while I was finishing reclaiming the strawberry patch from the weeds, Isaac was playing in the same strawberry patch when he began to go crazy, grabbing at his head like a madman and screaming about the nearby bee. Took me way longer than it should have to realize that he got stung. Took me even LONGER to find the actual sting site so I could put baking powder paste on it. It was right by his ear, and it swelled up nicely. Sorry, buddy!
While at the table one day during lunch, I glanced over at Jadelyn to see a "fish cracker" stuck partially up her nose. That child!
Overheard Ruby "reading" the other day. Not sure what the story was about, but it included this lovely tidbit, "you're wrong. I'm right. Stop the arguing!" Niiiicee, Rubes!
My children bite their fingers on accident while eating WAY MORE than would be expected. One day after Isaac had his accidental crunch-down and was crying due to the pain, Ruby piped in, "do you want me to bite my finger for you?" For you see, when one of the girls gets hurt, Isaac will often do whatever hurt them so that they feel better (maybe because they're not alone in their pain?) At least Ruby was willing to reciprocate the favor, though I believe Isaac turned her offer down. Much to the relief of Ruby's fingers, I'm sure. =P
One day, there was an all out jacket-pulling war amongst my kids. I believe that Jadelyn pulled Isaac and Ruby's jackets and Isaac pulled Jadelyn's jacket. Ruby informed me later that she was going to pull Jadelyn's jacket, too, but then Jesus told her not to do that, and she listened. Another time, Isaac wanted my old watch with the watchband no longer on it, but he couldn't find it. Well, while he was in a "break" on his bed, Ruby found it. She was going to play with it, but then she thought that she should give it to Isaac, who wanted it first. So under the bedroom door it was slid. I sure hope that the times she listens to Jesus increase!
Isaac had a crazy neck outbreak this past week. It started as a scratch at the base of his neck. None of us know where it came from. It then grew into a rash around the scratch, then into a bigger rash with bumps. David was getting mighty worried and wanted me to take I-see to the doctor. Being the stubborn person I am, I told David they wouldn't be able to do anything for it, anyways. I put on zinc oxide, but had to wash it off soon afterward, as it was spreading to other things in the house. =O I replaced it with charcoal, covered with gauze. My tape job left much to be desired, so I put on more tape, then packing tape over the gauze, hoping that would hold it on better. No such luck. So after an hour or two, that had to be removed, and it left behind some nice trails of charcoal on his neck. Ooops. The next thing we tried was hydrocortizone cream, and that seemed to work. He still has a rash, but it's much improving, thanks to David's repeated applications of hydrocortizone cream. Thanks, Buddy!
David was mowing with Jadelyn on his lap yesterday, when he saw her leg jerking along like crazy. He stopped. Her sock was shredded in one place and her leg was slightly scratched up from the barbed wire they were mowing by. David felt so bad, but was so happy it wasn't worse. Good thing she was wearing her thickest socks!
My Grandma isn't doing so well. She's down to like 100 pounds, is walking with a four-pronged cane, and is no longer able to complete her crossword puzzles, though Mom does report that Grandma is pulling some pranks. =) Well, with David's survey finally over, we are heading down there tomorrow. We'll get there on Wednesday and get to stay until Sabbath after lunch. I'm looking forward to seeing Grandma, but a bit afraid. I just don't do well with sickness and death. I hate to see Grandma doing so poorly when I'm so used to a healthy, active, vibrant lady. I'm so thankful that very soon we won't have to deal with sickness and death ANYMORE. Now, to get my kids over their colds so they can visit with Grandma, too. =P
Ruby had her neurologist appointment today. The Dr. thinks there is likely some neurological condition contributing to Ruby's hip problems, I think. At one point, he said that maybe we should look at getting the surgery done instead of the casting, because she could likely regress after the casting if there IS a neurological issue underlying the hip problem. But then when David and I tried to clarify this, he started backpedaling some, saying that he is a neurologist, NOT an orthopedist. I know that. I just wanted his input. Rats. Anyhow, he wanted some labs done. Ruby cried a little bit because she didn't want to have her blood drawn. I let her "draw" my blood a couple times, and I "drew" her blood a couple times, and then off we went to the lab. We had a bit of a wait, but then when we went in, Ruby had just the slightest whimper when the needle went in, and then she sat perfectly still while they drew 6-7(?) vials of blood. I was SO PROUD of her! She normally screams BLOODY MURDER when getting a shot, or even sometimes when Isaac and Jadelyn are getting shots, so this was a LOVELY surprise. She wanted to go up some more stairs and to some ramp that Isaac found, and I told her if she was still, we would do it after she was done. (I hadn't even mentioned not screaming.) Well, when it was all said and done, she nearly passed out once we got to the hall, but after laying down with her feet propped up and drinking some juice and eating some cake, she perked up and was off to the promised adventures. I was so proud of her! Isaac seemed quite concerned about Ruby. He sure loves that gal. He has said that if she has to have a cast, he will push her in her stroller, and I believe he will. Love how attentive he can be to her!
Well, if we are to really leave home right after breakfast tomorrow, I need to get packing. Off to the races! =P
No comments:
Post a Comment