Thursday, November 17, 2011

You know you're kinda lame when....

you crave quiet, alone time so you can iron. Really. When that's your hobby, you've got to wonder about yourself. Well, I crave that time. Funny thing is, is that laundry and ironing are like my two favorite chores. I don't like actually DOING the laundry, but folding it is great. And I keep up on that. But ironing? Because it's my favorite, I put it off as like a "reward" for getting my other chores done, and it somehow gets pushed to the end of my to-do list, which explains the laundry basket full of clothes needing to be ironed that has been a permanent fixture in our bedroom for the past oh, 7 months or so. I need a hobby. =P

Ruby was a bit random this morning - going off talking about things without saying what in the world she was talking about. This was a bit concerning - normally anyone can follow the child. Add this to the fact that the last two mornings she has reported that she feels like she is going to throw up, hasn't really been eating heartily, and says that she feels weak. =P Talked to David about it and he said "maybe she has a UTI". Well, she started acting more normally later, so I didn't worry too much about it. Hope she's okay!

Isaac...that fella. He stood at the table for 5 hours this morning because he didn't want to eat his food. He finally finished it. FINALLY. Wowzers. I think I'd have given in and just eaten the stuff quicker. Stubborn stamina that fella has. And so I have to, too. For if I didn't, he wouldn't have eaten, and he would've thrown up by now from hunger. AHHHHH!!!!!

Soon after leaving my Grandma's house on Sabbath, Jadelyn informed us in the van, "I not goofy. I two." (She likes to say "I two" while holding up one finger. Adorable.) Pucka had been calling her goofy, and I guess that just perturbed her. Ha! As much as she loves Pucka and talks about him, she doesn't really want him anywhere near her. My poor father. =)

And if we let kids name things and be in charge of grammar rules, things would make more sense in the English language. Cases in point? "Teethbrush" - courtesy of Jadelyn, and the oft-repeated "gooder" instead of "better", courtesy of the older two. Had to throw this in just to be random myself, you know. Huh...maybe I have a UTI. ;) Love you, David!

No comments:

Post a Comment