Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Notables....

Last night Ruby told me that if I had held her when she got her blood drawn she probably would not have cried. For you see, she wanted David to hold her this time to try to show him how brave she could be. Since he was not in the room at the time of her last (tearless) blood draw. Anyways, I asked her why she thought she wouldn't have cried if I had been the one holding her. She informed me it's because I have a "softer face". Yes. This "softer face" is also the reason that she is planning on calling for Mommy in the middle of the night if she needs assistance when she has her cast on. Doggone "soft" face, you're gonna cost me some sleep! =P

I love how Ruby likes to throw around words. The other day, she motioned for Jadelyn to come stand next to her to see "how tall you are related to me". And today, Jadelyn was doing something that Ruby didn't like, which led to the verbal outburst of, "you're disturbing me!"

Today at lunch we were discussing blood draws (again) and how Ruby has possibly had more blood drawn in her two times of getting it taken than I have in the however-many-times-I've-had-to-have-my-blood-drawn. I now have to have it drawn every three months due to a thyroid issue. Ruby was telling me how I would have to take medicine every day until I die, but I won't have to take it anymore when Jesus comes back and "you wake up from your deadness". Then Isaac piped in, "Jesus will probably throw it (thyroid problem, I'm presuming?) in the river." And then Ruby was musing about how we probably won't have to poop and pee in heaven. Interesting thought processes these kids possess.

Today, Isaac was absolutely DYING to get outside. I was unavailable to go outside as we've been gone from home for the past 3 days and I'm drowning in stuff to do. So, he got decked out in his hat (with assistance since it ties and all), jacket, mittens, and rain boots. Then he got bubbles out of the garage and THEN perched atop the playhouse blowing bubbles contentedly. I love that kid. He didn't even notice that I was out taking pictures of him. He was just that content in his chosen activity. =) After a while, he came inside, DYING for Ruby to come see his big bubbles. But alas, she was a stinker and would not go. =P


And now, just for fun, a picture of the kids with Grandma when we were down visiting earlier this month. I love that lady. She is so strong - still hanging in there, though she continues to deteriorate. What an amazing Grandma I have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment