
Today at 12:05pm, my dear Grandma fell asleep in Jesus. Ruby, in particular, has had a lot of questions about this. "Is Grandma still in her bed?" "Are her eyes closed?" "Does she know she's dead?" All questions have been answered to the best of my ability. Ruby gave me a snippet of childlike wisdom (not verbatim, here, 'cause you know, I have memory issues). "Jesus said it was okay for Grandma to die, and that's why she died even though we prayed for her." Yes, even when it's hard, I will trust that Jesus knows what is best. The next thing my Grandma knows, she will be seeing Jesus' face when He comes to call her home. And I'm still incredibly thankful that I was so fortunate and blessed to have that sweet, dear, strong, patient, amazing lady as my Grandma. I love you, Grandma. Thanks for being you.

No comments:
Post a Comment