Friday, September 2, 2011

Stuffers....

Yesterday's Geneticist appointment went fine. It was just a LONG day. We left home around 10:30am and got home around 8:45pm. Yikes. So, the news! The geneticist thinks that there is no need to do genetic testing right now. Thinks that there is no genetic condition that would be interfering with Ruby's hip treatment...or whatever. Anyways, he wants to review the x-rays and notes from Shriner's just to make sure. The good news is that now Dr. Chandran at Shriner's can decide what we should do. One step closer to this puzzle being fixed, 'eh? =P Oh, and "Dr. Burrow" (the geneticist) was quite the hit with the kids, apparently, as they talked about him a lot on the drive home. ;)

On the way home, we went to Lowe's and got some metal roofing to use as the cover for the slide that David will build for the kids. Hopefully it doesn't rust. =O After Lowe's, we headed to a park to eat a picnic and play at the playground. Ruby and Isaac did a lot of staring at other people, and Jadelyn kept going down the same big slide over and over and over and over and over and...get the idea? Cracks me up. She used to WANT to go down slides so bad, but she was scared. Now? No longer. She loves slides! And swings. And I love her!

Today was city-wide yard sales in Stanford and Crab Orchard. We only made it to 7. And that was only in one small neighborhood in Stanford. There are a TON of them out there. I would love to keep going, but you know...these kids needed some food and some SLEEP! =P They were quite the hit at yard sales, and had quite a few toys given to them. Jadelyn was wearing the hamster ball that she received as a hat while in her carseat. Cracked me up. Until we got home and I realized that the thing is DIRTY and SMELLS like it. Gross. =P Good thing she'll get a bath tonight, 'eh?

Ruby was having a MELTDOWN before lunch, and was sent to her bed, where she continued to have a MELTDOWN. After she calmed down, I told her she could head out for lunch. I was in the laundry room working on cleaning our yard sale finds. I asked her if she needed more food yet (all she had was half a leftover banana), but she said she was waiting for help praying. I told her she knew how to pray, and I was working in the laundry room right then. Isaac then piped up and asked Ruby if she wanted help praying. She said yes. The prayer went something like this: I: "Dear Jesus," R: "Dear Jesus," I: "Thank you for my food," R: "Thank you for my food,": I: "please help it to strengthen me," R: "Please help it to strengthen me," I: "Amen." R: "Amen. Thank you, Isaac." I: "You should have just asked me for help!" And off they went on their happy lunch time. Awww...moments like this I need to remember. Hence the blog, right? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment