Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How My Kids' Brains Work

I actually don't know, but find it fascinating. Unless I'm getting frustrated by my lack of understanding. =P

Ruby is really wanting to know if things "rhyme together" recently. The other day, she asked if "cloud and rake" rhyme. Um, no. How about "rake and rakie"? I can understand THAT attempt, but still, no. "Manna and Banana?" YAY!!! But we're still back to not really getting it. =P Isaac's attempts are similar, but he doesn't try it nearly as often as Ruby. "Purse and pursie"? Oh, buddy...don't be thinkin' like your sister! =O Then, he busted out with "chair and share". YAY!!! =) Yeah, it didn't stick. And why in tarnation does this child STILL not know his colors? When he finally gets it, I might just fall off my chair if I'm sitting or just plain fall over if I'm standing, and whack my head and...and well...guess I should teach the kids to call 9-1-1 before that occurs. =P If they could only remember what numbers to call. But on the other hand, they remember things from long ago that don't seem pertinent to me at all. For sure, their memories are more fun than just remembering what "rhymes together". =)

My sweet little fella sure has more self-control than his Mama. The neighbors VERY often give the kids candy when we go to visit, and my Isaac can make his candy L.A.S.T. He has been taking bites out of his current candy that you can hardly see. "Teeth-scratch" is probably a better description than "bite". Ha. I wonder how long it'll last him. I'm so proud of his self-control! =)

The other week, Isaac fell and hit his face on our wood stove. Which was not in use. Whew. Anyways, his jaw appeared swollen, he complained that it hurt, and his cheek turned out a lovely bruise. Isaac commented the other day that he thinks he has a black face because he fell and hit his face on the black stove. Hmmmm.... WAIT!!! He knew "black"!!!! Oh, yeah...he does know that color periodically. Maybe even most the time. Just working on the bright, fun, fancy ones still. =P

Hickory the crazy dog jumps like a kangaroo. If kangaroos jump straight up in the air. Anyways, I was commenting the other day that maybe we should have named him "Kangaroo" instead of Hickory. So, my little Ruby, on a run/walk/whatever by Hickory's cage nonchalantly said, "Hi, Kangaroo". It hasn't come up since, though, so no name-changes-for-the-dog will occur in the near future. =/

I have been known to keep clothes for a long time. A long, long time. I think my oldest pieces of clothing are shorts from when I was in 3rd grade and a t-shirt from when I was in 5th grade. Yes. I am 30 now. =O Anyways, while doing laundry, a string from around the waist of a pair of shorts I now wear for jammies came loose because the waistband is well, shredded. Anyways, I put the nice, long shoestring thing off to the side, briefly wondering what I could do with the thing. It was just a shame to throw it away because it was in good shape. Okay. I'm cheap. ANYWAYS! I went off to put laundry away, and Isaac disappeared off the face of my radar. When I went to check on him, I found him, with my long shoestring thing, threading through a little plastic-horse-threading-toy-thing (that I've had, incidentally, since I think my 5th birthday. Man, I really DO keep things long! =O). The horse had a string in it previously, but it wasn't long enough to do all the holes. This new one was. And not only did my little man thread the whole thing, he made reins for the horse out of the excess string. My little man! Solving the problem of what to do with the long shoestring thingy for me! And adding his own creative twist. Thanks, Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment