Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jadelyn

My little Jadelyn sure is a character.

I love how she says "hi-lo" instead of "hello".

She is such a creature of habit. There are two "new" (hand-me-downs) jammies in her drawers. She refuses to pick them out to wear. Must wear her tried and true jammies instead.

I love her crazy happy smile. It is CRAZY.

I also love how she will at times talk real low, with lowered eyebrows and squinted eyes to go with her hand motions. Not sure what all she's talking about, but it MUST be serious.

The other morning when David let the chickens out of their chicken house, Jadelyn was at the window, counting the chickens...though her counting probably skipped the "1" and started at "2". She does that. A lot.

When walking by the chickens the other day, she nonchalantly said, "hi chickens" as she continued on her journey. To wherever.

When garage sale-ing one time, a lady offered to hold Jadelyn while I looked around. I asked Jadelyn if she wanted to sit on the lady's lap. Jadelyn's response? A whispered, "no want to". Must be like her Mama.

One night while singing "Goodnight, little Jadelyn", Jadelyn was intent on kissing me. But she was giggling so much she had a hard time completing her mission. Cracked me up, too. I love special moments like that. Most of the time when I'm singing to her, she's talking CONSTANTLY. AHHHHH!!!!!

The other day, Jadelyn had to take a trip or two around the garden for some bad behavior. Off she went, hiding her eyes behind one of her arms. She almost ran into something. Better watch where you're going, "shy" Lynnie! =)

Oh! My little Lynnie came into Ruby and Isaac's room tonight, where I was cleaning, asking where her jammies are. I told her that they were in her drawer. She needed help looking tonight. This is abnormal. I showed her the two new pairs, as that was all that was in there at the time. (Hey! I'm still getting caught up from camping this weekend. =P) Anyways, it appears she didn't know they were jammies - maybe that's why she never picked them out? And she wore them without a problem. So much for my "creature-of-habit" observation, 'eh? =P She DID however, have a complete meltdown in her crib, oh, 20 minutes or so after she went to bed. Why? The other night, it was because she had unsnapped the snap at the top of her jammies. I commented to David that there were no snaps on her jammies today, so I wondered what the problem would be. Any guesses? =P The back of the jammie pants were below her diaper. CRISIS!!! CRISIS!!! =P Oh, Lynnie, how I do love you. So, I had her stand up, and helped her pull up her pants.

I love that little gal. And someday she'll stop screaming, right? =P

No comments:

Post a Comment