Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stuffaroni...

At lunch the other day, Ruby said, "now I'm almost done with my peanuts. Incredible, huh?" Must've been a fast-eating-day! =)

The other day, Ruby went to collect the eggs because David didn't get to it and I no longer enter the chicken shed. =P Anyways, in Ruby went, when she stopped short. "What's that?" she asked of the big, BIG dead rat laying by the chicken's water. Ai yai yai. I'm glad I wasn't in there with her. =O I found the skeleton of a rat in the barn, and that grossed me out enough, but here was a rat that had recently been living. Close to my house. Maybe it was the only one? =P Anyways, Ruby skirted around the rat and collected two eggs, and Isaac came to collect the third one. He, too, was quite enthralled with the rat. Jadelyn would've loved it, too, but I kept her out and let her peek through the door at it. Don't want my fearless child picking it up or petting it or hitting it or something. Oye. Anyways, on the way out of the woodshed, Isaac pointed to a rat trap (HUGE mouse-trap-looking-thing) and said we shoulda used it. Ha. Anyways, the kids (well, Ruby and Isaac) have continued to be enthralled with the rat. So has David, who randomly brings it up ("it was HUGE" or "I like that rat" because it looked friendly and was brown instead of black and...see where the kids get it from? =P). I digress. At some point when discussing the rat, Isaac wisely said that it's "probly rat season", and Ruby piped in with some wisdom of her own, "probly started yesterday". Did it end then, too? I can hope, right? =P

David fed the chickens our STINKY, STINKY, STINKY kitchen waste last night. Tossed it over the fence, and then went in and banged more out 'cause it was stuck to the bottom of the bowl. NASTY. Anyways, Ruby left the scene of the stink, saying, "my nose can't handle it". Ha! It was really, really stinky.

We went on a short family bike ride last night to see the neighbor's horses, who apparently weren't out in their pasture as usual. Anyways, we had a lovely time despite seeing no horsies, and once in our yard, I was going quickly toward the barn, and Jadelyn, who was strapped on behind me said "whoah!" about at the point I felt like I might be going too fast. Guess she felt it, too.

This morning, Ruby let Isaac wear the slippers (small homeade ones that Isaac had back in their babyhood) that she's been wearing the last day or two. Ain't she generous? I was SHOCKED, actually. She has hidden them before so Isaac won't know where they are and she can wear them again after she gets up from her nap or whatever. Anyways, she removed the ribbon from around the ankle the other day. Isaac was finally getting his first try in them today, and he noticed that the ribbon was missing. He wanted it back, but I told him I'd thrown it away. =O Anyways, he said that when he has babies (I think that was involved, as it often is), he will have to buy ribbon to put in there and "that wastes all my money for me". True that, child, children can be EXPENSIVE. Or not. We're cheap. =P

Isaac, while wearing the beloved slippers ("flippers") around questionned, "are these called flippers 'cause you flip with them?" Good question, I thought. Don't think I've ever thought about that possibility before.

Jadelyn was sitting on the couch this morning quietly playing with a felt book, when she held up Baby Moses and said something like, "I hold baby Jesus. WHEEE!!!" while waving the felt around in the air. All babies in pictures and such seem to be "Baby Jesus" as of late. And I'm not so sure that she was being gentle enough with "Baby Jesus", either. =O

This morning, Ruby was "Aunt Shelley", Isaac was my baby, and I was "Gram". "Aunt Shelley" also had baby doll Selah, who had just been born the day before she made the long voyage to visit Gram and my baby Isaac. This continued for just under an hour. This means that during that time, Isaac pretty much cuddled on my lap, laid on the floor, wiggled around, and made a few squeaking sounds. "Aunt Shelley" brought a "treat" for my baby - a Mr. Potato Head blue mouth with big buck-teeth sticking out, which is used as a pacifier. Ha. Anyways, at some point, "Aunt Shelley" informed me very grown-up-like while getting a book out of the adult's bookcase, "I can read, and I'm only 60. That's old." Then, she asked how old Aunt Shelley was, and I told her that I think she's 34. So Ruby decided, "I'm 34", and "that's older than Daddy." True, true.

At lunch today, Isaac said something to the effect of, "know what I'm NOT going to do when I'm a grown up?" Well, what he's NOT going to do is "weed the garden." Because his "Mommy" is going to do it. I told him I might be busy weeding my own garden. So, he emphatically stated something like, "no, MY Mommy" is going to weed the garden. I told him that I WAS his Mommy. He said "no, the Mommy I'm going to marry" or something like that. Ah....guess that kid has his eyes out for one lucky (and hard working) Mommy. ;)

When I was putting Jadelyn down for her nap, she noted that there was "poopy" on the window. "Kitty, poopy" to be exact. Nope. Bird. =P

And with that lovely mental picture, I leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment