Sunday, September 25, 2011

Stories about my Kiddos...

Ruby has let me know that Isaac is her "best, best friend", but she can't marry him because they are brother and sister. Very often she forgets that they are best friends, and I try to remind her, but it doesn't always go well. =P

Recently, the above "best, best friends" were playing that Ruby was the Mommy, Isaac was the Daddy, and a baby doll was their baby. Ruby was asking to hold the baby, but Isaac had a different idea, "I love her so much I’m gonna keep holding her”. Awww...he's such a sweetie. Don't worry, Ruby got to hold the baby later. Probably soon after. 'Cause Isaac's a softie like that. ;)

At mealtime, Ruby informed me, "Jesus makes us all different. But we're all Dickerson's, so we're all crazy". This is a common theme when discussing "crazy", but the "Jesus makes us all different" is a new addition to her previous reasoning.

Yesterday, we went on a bike ride down the country road. The country road that normally has no dogs chasing us on it. =P Normally. Yesterday, there was one little ankle biter that came out with a vengeance, and the house right after that has a BIG German Shepherd that was loose and out in the road. I told David that I was going to turn around, but then I didn't. I followed that crazy man. But the dog ignored us. Whew! =P Anyways, down the road further, we saw some more loose dogs, and I told David I was not going past them. Yes, I'm a wimp. Anyways, there were some cows there, so we all got off the bikes (David had Ruby and Jadelyn on his, and I had my little man) to visit with the cows. The Jersey cow was super friendly and came right up to the fence. David and the kids spent some time picking grass for the cow and feeding it. When it came time to leave, Ruby said, "bye, cow, I love you" and then continued on to inform the poor cow that it now had to pick it's own grass. Jadelyn, who often wants to be like her big sister, said, "bye horse!" Close, Lynnie, close. ;) On the ride home, no dogs bothered us at all. Which was a HUGE blessing as that big German Shepherd lives at the top of a steep hill that David normally has to walk his bike up (hey, it's difficult peddling a bike with a kid strapped up in front of you, and a kid behind you to boot!)

On the ride home, we saw some bluebirds, which, though not unusual on that stretch of the road, is still enjoyed. Isaac was asking if that was a "bird blue". In all seriousness. Crazy man.

This morning, Ruby had an attitude problem that spanned for about an hour and a half. Most of that was spent in different consequences, trying to get a heart change. Finally, things calmed down and she could eat breakfast. At the table, before beginning eating, I saw Ruby flailing her arm around like a crazy woman. I questioned her about this, and she informed me that she wanted Satan to go away from her. Bless her sweet little heart. She was trying to swat him like a fly, I guess. ;) I reminded her that she needed Jesus to drive Satan away, so Ruby turned, prayed for Jesus to help her, and then my sweet Ruby emerged for most of the remainder of the morning. I'm so glad that Jesus loves my little gal! Stay away, now, Satan!

David was working on sharpening the mower blades this morning, and Isaac was told that he could watch after he was done with his morning checklist. Have I ever mentioned that that child is S L O W in doing his work? Well, he is. =P After he had finished his checklist and was working on his shoes, Isaac informed me that Daddy is "done with the sprinkles", aka the sparks that fly when the blades are being sharpened. =)

The kids got to spend most of the morning working/playing outside with Daddy-o, while I worked on baking up a storm since Grandma and Grandpa are coming today. Side note: it is easier to "bake up a storm" when the pilot light in the oven stays LIGHTED!!! Arrrgghhhh...hope my Chex mix is really toasted, that my bread and muffins aren't doughy, and that the granola bars are baked enough to stick together. Good grief. Okay, I'm off the subject, aren't I? =P SO! My sweet little Ruby popped in a couple times to ask, "you doin' okay?" Oh, when that girl is sweet, she is SO sweet! =)

At lunch today, the kids were talking about our trip to Florida last February. Ruby said, "we were up in Florida". Which would be an accurate statement if we lived in Cuba. Or something. I'm not up on my geography. =O Also, why in the world do my kids remember such random things? I guess when we were down there, they went on a bike ride with Uncle Mark and Jacob and ate some food, but they didn't have anything to clean up with, so when they came back to Grandma's house they had food all over their faces that I asked them about. Why is that a pertinent memory, anyhow? Just wondering.

Just before naptime, Ruby was decked out in my over-sized sunglasses with a nasal aspirator up her nose. Which reminded me that though I had STARTED organizing that shelf in the bathroom closet, I had not COMPLETED my job. Ooops. I asked Ruby to put it away, as it wasn't a toy, to which she responded, "but, Mommy, I'm tryin' to get out the boogers!" I should've gotten a picture. That girl cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment