Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend visitors! And other stuff...

This weekend, Ardi, Philip, and Hughes came to visit. I much enjoyed myself! Probably too much. I didn't get much sleep. ;P Anyways, it was just lovely. I am so very blessed to have such wonderful friends. Friends that you can pick right up with right where you left off last time you saw them. Friends that encourage you and point you Upward. Friends that my kids LOVE. =) Ruby pretty much sat on Hughes' lap any time she could: at church, during worship, after Ruby was done eating...you get the point. And Isaac sat on Ardi's lap as much as his "shyness" would allow. I loved watching them. My kids have good taste in making friends, you know!

After they all left yesterday morning, we headed to the lake to swim. The water was lovely, there were only two other people at the beach most of our time there, and it was just nice and relaxing. Ahhh...I do so love swimming!

Today it was back to the "exercise doctor". I'm still alive. The car ride is just long and the kids tend to get cranky in public restrooms. Rats. =P At least they were only cranky in ONE today instead of the lately TWO. =P

And Ruby was sucking her thumb so loudly at naptime that I thought she and Isaac were in there partying. But no. When I swung the door open expecting to find two sheepish faces pointing at each other in blame, I instead found two sleeping angels. That tricker!

Oh! And our Sabbath School lesson is about Little Maid, who was a happy helper. So we're trying to keep track of the "happy helper" times the kids have. The great thing is that for some reason, this motivates the kids, so they're being nicer. As long as this doesn't turn into a competition - "I have more things written on my sheet of paper than you do!" =O

No comments:

Post a Comment