Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Garden of Eden?

Last night, we were out picking berries. By "we", I mean mostly David and I...and Jadelyn helped quite a bit. Ruby and Isaac probably helped some, too, but they were pretty busy tunneling under the blackberries, and running down the "aisle" between the blackberries and raspberries - giggling and crashing like crazies on the ground (staining up their clothes good in the process, I might add. Mostly Ruby. We talked about that today. Because I have problems with things like that. =P) Anyways, there are these HUGE beetle things that buzz at our heads and such as we pick the berries. They like to eat the berries, those beetles do. Good thing they share - like 4 or 5 of those nasty boogers on a berry. 'Cause if they went around sucking juices out of more berries instead of sharing, I would REALLY dislike them. (Side note...a positive thing about the beetles is that they are so big that they create wind when flying away from the berries. And when it's hot, that breeze is nice. You wanna take some beetles home with you to cut down on your air-conditioning bills now, don'tcha? =D) Anyways, this was David's first experience with the beetles. I'm quite sure he screamed (high-pitched and everything) when some came at him. He said he couldn't handle being in the army, 'cause it was stressful enough with the beetles attacking him. Or something like that. And he wasn't impressed with the sun shining in his eyes, either. =P Well, we were working along, when all the sudden, my complaining husband commented that it was peaceful looking for berries - in the evening, and with the giggling kids, it was like "the Garden of Eden". Huh. With buzzing beetles divebombing our heads and giggling children added? That guy is crazy.

Oh! Another random Isaac note. I think it was at lunch yesterday, and Ruby was telling me how she can't marry Isaac because they're brother and sister, and it's against the "law". She wanted to know why. Ever tried to explain genetics and such in 4-year-old language that won't present itself wrongly in a public setting later when they feel like sharing their grand knowledge? =P Anyways, then they were talking about if they wanted kids. And out of the blue, Isaac starts talking about sprinklers that we saw at Dollar General the other day. It looks like a bug, and the water squirts out of it's floppy hands. The kid is so random. And I love him. Still. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment