Monday, July 4, 2011

Party day....

Yesterday, David wanted to party. So we did. We attempted to garage sale, though apparently people just don't do their garage sales on Sunday. Rats. We found one. (Okay, two...but one was just knick-knack stuff.) David bought an over-priced-for-a-yard-sale fishing pole. And that was it. We took a long break from looking for garage sales at the school's playground in Mt. Vernon. It was awesome! It had like 5 separate playgrounds, and we had a ball. There were some super steep/fast slides which Isaac didn't like much (he looked absolutely terrified going down them), but that trooper tried each one one time. =) Jadelyn is starting to go down bigger slides by herself. Ruby is a jumping maniac - jumping off anything she can find.

Then, we went fishing. I caught the biggest bluegill of my career (ha ha), I think. It was a monster! And I reeled that bad boy in on Jadelyn's Dora fishing pole. Poor girl had really been sticking with fishing, and then when she took a break, that's when the fish took off with my hook. The kids threw lots of canned corn for/at the ducks. Mental note...there was duck poop EVERYWHERE. Maybe we don't visit that exact spot again. =O

Then, it was off to eat out at a sit down restaurant. I was a bit nervous, but the kids did great. I just had to watch out for the things being thrust in my face, and the fingers getting into my food. THAT'S why I don't sit so close to Jadelyn at home! =) It was a lovely time. On the way home, I sat in the back with Ruby and Isaac to keep the kids awake so that they would take a nap once we got home. Ruby declared that was her favorite part of the day. Isaac's favorite part was when Daddy gave him under-dogs on the swings. Oh, they're so easy to please! I don't know why I can't remember that. =P

After naptime, we headed out for the kids' first ride on Daddy's "big" boat. I thought maybe they wouldn't like it. Silly me. On the way out of the driveway, Hickory chased us like mad, so David stopped at put the dog in the van. To say I was unhappy about this would be a pretty big understatement. The dog climbed all over the seats and at least Jadelyn on the short drive to the lake. Once there, David rigged up a leash for the dog out of the rope I use to put the boat in the water. Again, I was an unhappy camper. So, I had to drive the boat off the trailer with a crazy dog and 3 kids who haven't been out on a boat in a year (I think) in tow. Oh, and I didn't know how to use the motor to drive back up to pick David up. We managed. I was so thankful that after my crazy back and forth driving, we ended up drifting right to where I wanted to be. Anyways, the boat ride was a success. David and the kids ate a light supper out in the shade of the lake. Hickory didn't go insane, and the kids LOVED Daddy's "fast" motor. Well, Ruby and Isaac did. Jadelyn wasn't so sure, but she did fine. Isaac was yelling "whoa, Nelly!" at one point, 'cause it was SO "fast"! =) I need to remember to calm down and not worry so much. =P

And that was it for our partying day.

Side note, Jadelyn can now say "hot tamale" when she walks on something hot. Love it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment