Today, we were over visiting our neighbors, Mr. Tom and Ms. Tina. We were visiting on the front porch, and the kids and Hickory were back and forth between the yard and the front porch. In their yard, they have a little goldfish-pond-like-thingy, which the kids really like. Well, we were visiting along when all the sudden Mr. Tom yelled. I looked over at the pond and could see a little body in there completely submerged. (Found out later that the pond is over knee-deep on an adult). I think before I even started running in the direction of the pond, Mr. Tom had leaped over the railing of the porch, and had Ruby out of the water before I even got down to the pond. So thankful for his quick reflexes! So is Ruby. Her naptime prayer went something like this: "Dear Jesus, thank you that Mr. Tom got me out of the water, 'cause I was afraid. Thank you that Ms. Tina got me a towel. Amen." It all happened so quick, I didn't even have a chance to get scared. Then, Ruby just cried and cuddled with Mr. Tom for quite a while before transitioning to David's lap. We sure have been blessed with wonderful neighbors!
When we got home, we gave Ruby a bath at Ms. Tina's suggestion. (There was mold in the water in the pond, and she didn't want Ruby to get sick.) Anyways, at the end of the bath, I found a tick on Ruby's back...so good thing she fell in the pond! ;)
Yesterday, during the children's story at church, Mr. Bill handed out pieces of candy to everyone who came up, including David. =) Anyways, after lunch yesterday, Ruby wanted hers. She had a terrible face while eating it, and said that she was only going to eat half of it because it was too sweet. I'm glad we didn't start giving them candy 'til they were older. Too bad I didn't do that with Jadelyn. She gobbles down candy as fast as she can...even when she's not supposed to. Like today, for example. =P
Oh! I KNEW there was some Isaac conversation I wanted to write about, and I just remembered it! Last night, I had the SWEETEST time putting him to bed. He knelt super nice during prayer time, so I got to sing him a song. He wanted "This little light of mine". So, I rubbed his hair and belly and sang to him. Then, he wanted to give me kisses. One on each cheek, one on each ear, one on my chin, nose, each eye, each eyebrow, my forehead and right on up to the top of my head. He started this routine in Cicero, but it went away for about a year until I told him about it, and now he does it every now and then. Anyways, it's very sweet. Then, he asked, "can I give you a hug?" so I enjoyed a nice Isaac hug. (He often doesn't give me hugs or kisses for days at a time, so this was extra special.) While he was hugging me, Jadelyn started climbing on him. He said sweetly, "good thing I'm so strong" several times. Then, he wanted to hug Jadelyn, so he did...she was laying on her back on his belly, and he gave her a very nice hug. And some kisses. Per his (and my) request, Lynnie gave him a kiss on his chin by twisting her neck around, and "hugged" him by grabbing his face with her hands. At some point, Isaac said, "good thing I'm so strong, 'cause I'm a man" or something like that. I totally thought he was going to say, "'cause I'm a boy", but no, at some point, he has become a "man". =) Then he informed me that men are stronger than girls. And when I was closing the door and said, "I love you!", that little boy responded in the sweetest voice, "I love you, too!" Awww...all that sweetness in one night. Now I wonder how much longer 'til I get some more. =)
Okay, I should get going. Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment