Thursday, July 21, 2011

One child morning! =O

Yes, it is true. For probably the first time in my motherhood, I had only one child ALL MORNING LONG. David took Ruby and Isaac to work with him, and they left just after 6:30am, and didn't get home until around 2pm. Likely the most peaceful morning of my entire mothering existence. Wow. Jadelyn and I were all showered, dressed, hair done, had worship, made breakfast and cleaned up after breakfast by like 8am. Then we cleaned the kitchen for Sabbath (okay, mostly I did,) I finished washing the windows in the house, did a load of laundry, cleaned the laundry room for Sabbath, made the kids beds, weeded two day's worth in the garden, and harvested the food. Oh, and it was wicked hot. We took 2 cool-down in front of air conditioners/drink water/wipe-my-nasty-sweaty-face breaks. Yeah, it was hot. But then, we went swimming in the kiddie pool! Cooled us right off. ;) Jadelyn is a crazy swimmer. She pulled herself along with her arms and kicked while she went forwards and then backwards across the pool. She also enjoyed sliding down the slide into the water. Oh, and jumping. And splashing. She thought that was really funny. I must say, the one kid thing was VERY novel. No fighting. Hardly any fits. THIS is what it's like to only have one kid? Wow. Amazing. I needed that. Now, if I can just hold it together tomorrow! =P

Ruby and Isaac had fun with David. They did lots of things - eat breakfast at the nursing home, sat through 2 meetings, ate out at a restaurant (Isaac says he likes my cooking better, but then refuses to eat it =P), got the oil changed in the van, went to the bank, went to Dollar General, and came home. Yeah, I'm sure I'm missing something. Oh. Like Isaac's favorite thing. He talked and talked and TALKED about the water machines at David's work. Because the cups are down low so kids can reach them. And one had hot and cold water. And one had really cold water. I think that's what he was talking about when he said it was so cold "you can't imagine". Yeah. He likes "normal" water. And he thought that when it made bubbles, that was making more water. I told him only Jesus can make more water. =) That kid and his affection for machines. I tell ya.

Now I must go work. And FAST. 'Cause I should be getting ready for bed. I'm so not good at going to bed early/what-should-be-on-time. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment