The kids and I went garage sale-ing for about 2 hours this morning. We found only 3 that were open, and of those, we only bought at one of them. And then, when I got home and opened the bag of toys that I got for $3 (it had train tracks in them, and I thought they'd hook up to Isaac's wooden track, though these were plastic), it was basically junk. The train track doesn't match his. And the bag had miscellaneous junk/bad toys that we trashed. Like a magic 8 ball, a violent looking man, a sword, squirt guns (I DON'T LIKE GUNS!!!), etc. Yai. That was a waste of $3 and of a day. =P But if I get too discouraged, I will never find the clothes I need...it's just that normally garage sales are for smaller clothes than I'm looking for, so it's getting difficult. Rats. =P However will I clothe my children if I can't find some decent yard sales? =P
When the propane man was here a couple weeks ago, Ruby and Isaac wanted to know why he left his truck running, because as Ruby pointed out, "he's wasting gas!" I'm afraid I'm a bit too informative/matter-of-fact with them about things. =P
Yesterday, Jadelyn was "putting me to sleep" while I was sitting on the couch. She brought me several stuffed animals and then stood in front of me singing, "Goodnight, Jesus oves ooou, Jesus oves oooou." and then she would point at me and say, "sweep, k?" Maybe that's what I should try on her next time she wants to stay awake forever after her bedtime. Just tell her, "sleep, k?" Think it would work? =P
Isaac had a dream last night. He told me about it very animatedly this morning, while sitting on Ruby's rocking chair with his feet up so Ruby the crazy driver wouldn't hit him with the motorhome she was zooming around. He had a vacuum for toothpaste, and the grass outside was really long (this part is true in real life, too! =P), so he used the vacuum on the grass and it broke. And the vacuum was hooked up to the ceiling ("roof"), so he was having a hard time getting it outside. And other stuff I forgot. That kid could tell me stories all day if I would sit down and listen! He gets so into it with his hands and facial expression. I love it.
Okay, that's about it. I'm off!
No comments:
Post a Comment