pull our van and trailer out of the pasture today with our lawnmower. 'Cause David asked me to and hooked it up for me. And 'cause we're redneck like that. It was extra nice that I got to drive through part of the barn, 'cause then nobody could see how pitiful we are, getting our van stuck in the pasture. Okay, David did it. But it was only 'cause he was gettin' stuff done! ;)
I spent the majority of today doing spring "organizing". Didn't quite get to the "cleaning" part, but I did get me some organizing done! David fixed Jadelyn's closet which had an unfortunate accident around 6 months ago =O, and built me a new shelf in the laundry room, so I could get stuff put away better there, too. Lovely. Just lovely. I do so love more organized rooms!
Hmmmm...David was putting some stuff up in the 4-foot-across rafters today. He was standing with one foot on one rafter, and one on the other. Ruby was standing directly under him, and all he could think was that if he fell, he was really gonna hurt the kids, who were completely oblivious to any danger. David asked Ruby if she was scared, and she, grinning up at him said, "no." David asked, "why not?" to which she responded, "because I love you!" There is trust at it's finest, 'eh?
David also said that Jadelyn was holding a rattle today (we use it like a maraca, so we keep it around), and then she whacked Ruby over the head for no apparent reason. That kid is getting aggressive. =P
Jadelyn is going through a somewhat lengthy "I-don't-like-Isaac-phase", which results in ear-splitting screaming if she sees him coming. Today, David was working on unpacking the garage some (yeah, well, we've ONLY lived here for almost 8 months =P), and found Jadelyn's tricycle. It was brought inside, as it was nasty outside, and wouldn't probably work that well in the gravel anyways, and Jadelyn tried it out. She wasn't getting the peddling idea and crashed it over two times. Finally, she gave up and was pushing it around. Which was all dandy until Isaac started sweetly offering to show her how to peddle it (and yes, he was DYING to ride it). She screamed. Then she got it stuck on the endtable. Isaac offered to help her and tried to do so. She screamed. It wasn't lovely at all. Finally, I suggested to Jadelyn that she let Isaac ride and she push the tricycle, to which she surprisingly assented. It went lovely! They were both happy as clams. Eventually, Jadelyn just ran around without holding onto the tricycle, and Isaac pedaled away. What fun they had! Then after supper, David had Ruby and Isaac taking turns by setting a 2 minute beeper, and every time the beeper went off, they switched off without a hitch. Which is nice. I love happy play times instead of screaming ones!
On a side note, (oh wait, these are ALL side notes, 'eh? =O) Jadelyn is having a rough time at the table lately. Not wanting her food and screaming for different food. She normally comes around and finally eats her food, but good grief. I hope she ends this phase and the "I-don't-like-Isaac-phase" soon.
Okay, it's late, this is getting LONG again, and I need to get to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment