Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More crazy kid stuff I want to remember

When I was putting Jadelyn down for her nap today, she laid there cheezing like an insanely cheezy girl while I gave her her baby, doggie, monkey, bunny, and covered her with her two blankets. That girl is REALLY starting to flaunt her crazy personality. And her sweet personality. After naptime today, she cuddled on my lap, whispering "Mama" or "Mommy" or "Mom" (I don't remember! =O) and then I would whisper "Lynnie" or "Jadelyn" (again...I don't remember. See how bad my memory is? That's why I had to start blogging! =O) back to her, and on and on and on it went. Then, instead of screaming when getting her diaper changed, we had a nice conversation about where her eyes, nose, ears, lips, tongue, mouth, teeth, hair, head, arms, elbows, hands, fingers, knees, legs, feet, toes, and belly were. Some she knew, and some she's still learning. =) Then, I think she was telling me about cutting fingernails or something. She was pulling on my fingernails in an uncomfortable way as she was talking. Yup.

In unrelated news, Ruby and Isaac had a TERRIBLE time going to sleep for naptime today. I hope that it's because their room is HOT and NOT because they're getting ready to give up naps. Please, no!!!! Maybe in ANOTHER 4 1/2 years I'll be ready for that. Or not. =P

More unrelated news: Ruby gets filled up with kisses from Hickory. When we're outside with him, she follows him around with her flat hand held out asking for kisses. Then she "keeps track" (but not really) how many kisses he gives her, and then she divides those kisses in two to know how many kisses she can give David and I. Tonight, we were planting the garden, so Hickory remained in his fence, so she had no kisses to give David and I tonight. Sigh. =P The good news is that she never runs out of hugs, because they come up from her feet. Isaac can only be filled up with kisses from Gram, so it's high time we visit her...he's been out for a while.

Tonight, Isaac declared that he was "full" after eating his partial leftover-from-lunch sandwich in an attempt to avoid supper food, which he doesn't like. Poor kid...his parents didn't fall for that one. =P Ruby declared she was full because she ate a "whole" 1/4 apple and then half of a 1/4 apple. She had more apple to eat, so I don't think she was trying to avoid supper food. =P Why I bother making supper is beyond me! Seriously, it's kinda a waste of my time. But I do like eating, and so does David (and tonight, Jadelyn did, too), so well...guess I should keep on making supper. In other news, I should keep on doing laundry, too...so off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment