Thursday, May 19, 2011

Catching up....

Let's see...Tuesday we headed to Shriner's for Ruby and Isaac's PT evaluation. I thought maybe we wouldn't get any services when one of the PT's met us in the waiting room and almost immediately commented on how good the kids were doing. Because they're walking or something. Helloooo...they're almost 4 and a half. They SHOULD be walking. Along with a bunch of other stuff that they can't do well. =P Anyways, they qualified, and we'll be heading over an hour one way, one day a week, for at least 12 weeks. But alas, they have no therapy pool, as it is leaking badly. Sigh. =( Also, the kids have been put on a RIGOROUS home therapy program. As in it takes me almost an hour and a half a day to do it. Yikes. Right when spring/summer is here and I have so much work to do. I hope I can get it all fit in. =/ I mentioned to the kids how the PT's must think I have nothing else to do, and Isaac has since asked me several times, "why do they think that you have no work to do?" Ooops...guess I better be more careful what I say, 'cause if that got back to the PT's, I'd be embarrassed. =O Anyways, after we were done at Shriners, we headed over to the church for lunch and naps so I could work more on the wall mural. I wonder if it'll EVER get finished. Yikes. Then, we loaded up and headed off to Wal-Mart and made it home for a late supper and then beddie-bye. =)

Yesterday was an INSANE day. At one point, I thought of how I always thought that Jadelyn hit her "terrible twos" at age 15 months, but now it looks like she was just gearing up for her REAL "terrible twos". Oh, boy. The kids were fighting and screaming and on and on and on and on....it was terrible. At one point I locked myself in my room for some "time with Jesus", 'cause I was just mad. And frustrated. And overwhelmed. You get the idea. While I was in there, the fight of all fights broke out, and I had to emerge long enough to tell the kids that Satan was really working hard, and we all needed a break. Kids were placed in their individual beds, and I retreated back to my room. Yikes. Glad not all days are like that. When David got home, supper was not ready (Jadelyn woke up with a temper that took a while to tend to), and so I mixed up pancakes and David cooked 'em up and sent me on a walk. It was lovely. And peaceful. And good for the soul. Thanks, Buddy! Some funny quotes from yesterday: David: "I want you guys to be nice and quiet while I go potty". Ruby: "what's that?" Ai yai, yai. And then, later, David was letting Isaac know that he was going to have to have a consequence for not obeying, so Isaac threatened to run away (who knew it started so young? =O), and then Ruby piped in, "I betcha that they'll catch ya!" Ha. At least I was cracked up some today. =)

Today is our NINE year anniversary! Crazy. The kids and I got outside for a little (really the first time all week, it's been rainy, cold, and overall nasty), so that was nice. We found that some critter has been enjoying bites out of our strawberries. Booger. Tonight, David and I are going on a date, and the kids (at least the older two) are getting excited about meeting their babysitter. I'm a bit nervous, as I've never met her before, but David says I have to "trust him". Okay. I will. But probably only because I want a break so bad! How terrible. =O

No comments:

Post a Comment