I didn't get as much sleep as I require last night, and just felt today like I might not have the amount of patience needed for the kids. Jadelyn in particular was super cranky this morning. Praise God, He saw me through!!! =)
Today, Jadelyn was really wanting a "Bible", so I got her a Children's Bible. She wasn't about it. She wanted Ruby or Isaac's Bible. Then, I saw Ruby talking quietly with Jadelyn, explaining that the Bible's pages were "delicate" before handing over her Bible to Jadelyn. My sweet Ruby was here for much of today. I so appreciate that!
The kids were all about riding the tricycle again today. They took turns, though when it was Jadelyn's turn to get off the bike, she would get off, and throw herself on the ground screaming. Eventually, she stopped doing that. I doubt it was my disciplines that got through to her...maybe just the act of doing it again and again and seeing that she got a turn later? I don't know. Jadelyn did matter-of-factly rescue Isaac on two separate occasions when the bike tipped over on him. She would go over and quickly set it back up, freeing her brother.
After lunch, Ruby wanted to know if we were going to have time for "3 stories", as when we're running late for lunch (like last week 'cause we stayed outside late), we only have time for 1 story. I told her that yes, we had time for 3 stories. Then she wanted to know if they would have time to wash their own dishes. Bless her heart. Yup. We had time. So while I was reading to 2 kids, 1 was washing dishes. Except Jadelyn. I didn't give her that privilege yet, though I'm sure she wants it! =) Soon enough, Lynnie. =)
Tonight after supper, we all headed out to pick strawberries. Okay, the girls and the parents did. Isaac stayed in the sandbox. ;) The girls did some, too, but eventually meandered out to us. We were out for nearly 40 minutes, but got about 4.5 gallon bags of strawberries. Yee-haw! I'm glad they're doing so well. And the onions and green beans are popping up, too. I do so love me some garden food! =)
Well, tomorrow it's off to Shriner's for PT evaluations for Ruby and Isaac and then over to the church to paint on the mural and then home for supper. Could be a crazy day, or hopefully just a fun-filled-full day. I gotta get me some sleep. Adios.
No comments:
Post a Comment