Yikes. This morning started off a lot like yesterday. Except the fighting didn't start AS soon. Just a bunch of craziness around worship time, but really, I guess it cooled down quickly. Then, as I was working on my "to-do list", the craziness began again. In 30 minutes or so, I had a one or two minute break from disciplining. At one point, all 3 kids were serving their time. Isaac was walking laps around the garden, Jadelyn was in the corner, and Ruby was stuck in my lap learning to listen. Yikes. I felt like crying. Mothering can sure be overwhelming at times. As I sat on the couch with Ruby, I mentally claimed the promise of "cast all your cares on God" or "burdens", or whatever. I had a lot of cares and burdens at that moment. I'm glad He is able to sustain me through times like that! So....I gave up on completing all I wanted to and we went outside, 'cause it was time for that. Got some more of the garden planted, and kept the kids busy by having them water our transplanted sunflowers with cups that they filled up from the kiddie pool. That took 'em a while and I got some more stuff planted. Bless those cups! =) Then, near the end of our time outside, Isaac pronounced himself "starving" and laid down in the grass in the shade to rest. It was quite cute. Then, Jadelyn sat next to him and started hitting him, so around the garden she went. Isaac enjoyed watching a blue jay from his spot in the grass. I love that he just laid in the grass instead of worrying about bugs. He's not all about bugs, that one. Well, he likes 'em and likes to watch them and collect them (with his sister's help. This started in March when Grandpa was visiting and brought in some huge beetles for the kids to look at.), but he doesn't like bugs crawling on him. Speaking about bugs...well, ants, really...they are here in crazy amounts. The window sill under the air conditioner in the kitchen is L.O.A.D.E.D of ants and the poison I'm feeding them. =O The kids call them their "ant collection". Hope that collection disappears soon.
Ruby's strange Caymanian accent that is really just her using her "a's" funny is on day 3 and going strong. No signs of leaving, either.
The yard is going jungley on us. Well, the woods, I guess....going down the trail to the creek last night was beautiful. There are vines full of white flowers on both sides of the path going way up over our heads. Lovely. And they smell SO good!
Okay, much to do...I should get going. Adios!
P.S. While proofreading this, I heard the older two. This is the 3rd day in a row of troubled naps. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment