Yeah, I finally decided to start a blog. Too much stuff to share on Facebook, and really, I share to help me remember things. Plus this is a WAY easier way of keeping track of it all. So, without further adieu, let me share about today. So far.
Let's see....this morning, I got most of my to-do list knocked right out. Which is good. Then, we headed outside to start planting the garden. 2 hours later, we had 2 rows planted. Of oh, 30 or so rows? Good grief. This could be a l-o-n-g process. Hope the kids are enjoying it. =) I must admit, I do find it incredibly gratifying to watch my kids walking through the garden and yard barefooted, slightly dirty, and ready to help. All 3 kids worked on planting onions, and did a mighty fine job. I was so proud! Ruby and Isaac are getting big enough that I think one of their new jobs will be to pick the strawberries. This is great for me. One, because they love strawberries, so they'll be motivated to do this job, and two, well...it will save my back. Look at me "use" my kids! Ha.
Ruby helped me haul some cages from the barn up to the garden, which is quite a trek, and Isaac? Well, he was going to, but then settled on getting the cages out of the place we keep them in the barn so Ruby and I could haul them. =) On the way to go get some more cages, Ruby wanted to hold my hand, so I (very happily) obliged. I squeezed her hand to give her a "secret message" (I love you), and we talked and had a nice little walk. Then, she got her cage which was about halfway on my trip to the barn, so she picked up her cage and started heading back to the garden, while I continued to the barn. After a little while, Ruby called to me to let me know that she had "caught my message". I hope she always know that I love her, even if her "catching" is a bit delayed. =)
I find it amusing that Isaac uses his sisters to pick up the worms that he wants to collect. They're too wiggly or tickley or something for him. Good thing the girls don't mind helping him out.
Ruby's out-of-the-blue Cayman accent today cracks me up. She's pronouncing her "a"'s funny. Where in the world did this come from, anyways? I love that girl. And her crazy accents. Before, she's only done a southern accent, and then today the Cayman one popped up. What a gal.
At lunch today, Isaac and Ruby were having Jadelyn say different words. This is how it went:
I: "Can you say 'flower'?"
J: "Bowo. (screaming crazy laugh here)"
I: "Can you say 'plate'?"
J: "Pate. (screaming crazy laugh here)"
I: "Can you say 'cup'?"
J "(screaming crazy laugh here)"
Or something like that. You get the picture. Wish I would've gotten it videotaped! Crazy stuff happens at lunchtime, I tell you. Then, when it was time to head off for naptime, Jadelyn was sitting on the couch with the ends of some sunglasses stuck up her nose. That girl is something else.
And one final random note? Isaac is completely random. And I love it. That kid comes up with the most off the wall ideas...and tells them with such an expressive face. Adorable. I love my kids. Wish they weren't so into fighting right now. But this too shall pass??? That's what I try to tell myself, anyways. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment