Sunday, November 2, 2014

Quick Note...

So, I've been missing for a long time.  Kidney stone surgery and recovery (1 cm by 6mm MONSTER, doc said it probably had been growing for a year to get to be that size =O), falling and hurting my shoulder real bad, etc., etc.  I'm probably 95% cured now.  MRI said fractured shoulder, orthopedic doctor said no fracture, just a bad MRI and a badly bruised bone.  Shoulder has been a bit achy the past few days, but you know.  I've been back to painting and caulking and cleaning and life is good.  =)  There's my update.  Now you know.

There's been several times that things happen and I think I need to write about it, but alas, I didn't.  So trying to get back on the blogging bandwagon again.  =O

Today, the kids and I were talking about a student who broke his collarbone.  He has to keep his arm in a sling for a couple weeks, and I was commenting that I hope it's not his dominant arm.  Jadelyn then was talking about how rough it would be if his "coloring bone" was broken, and how he would color messy and out of the lines.  Funny kid.  =)

After a sweet tuck-in session with Isaac tonight (his favorite bedtime song is "Away in a Manger" lately...I think 'cause it's the song he thinks is the longest, and he likes his back scratched on his bare back for as long as he can), he told me that he is going to invent a machine that will scratch backs and sing songs.  He just might knock it out of the park with a machine like that!

And then, I was singing to Ruby (also "Away in a Manger" tonight), and she was grinning like a silly loon.  A kind silly loon.  Today we focused on kindness.  She made treasure hunts for all of us.  Most of the messages spell out "I love you so much." when put together.  What a sweet little color-coded-treasure-hunt-maker!  And she shared a cheese "puff" with Lynnie at lunch and water with Lynnie in the van.  Sometimes she really struggles with being kind.  Tonight she said, "I like being kind."  I like it too, Ruby.  Love you to loves.

Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment