Found a little slip of paper laying around the other day. That is not out of the ordinary. With these three kiddos in the house, there are OFTEN little pieces of paper laying around. I picked up the piece of paper and read it. It was kinda funny. I showed it to David. He told me that Ruby had given the paper to a student who had been at our house earlier that day. See, Ruby likes to give "love tokens" and has since she was 5 or so. Used to be little tiny pieces of paper that she had colored and cut out. Now they are often a full paper with a picture drawn on it and "I love you so much" written on the back. But this time, Ruby had chosen to write down the first few sentences from a book and hand it to a poor unsuspecting student. Can you imagine what he thought when he read his "love token"? It read, "Has your head been itching all day? You may have head lice. Lots of children get head lice." HA!!! Ruby, you CRACK ME UP!!! =)
Yesterday was my birthday. I was greeted first thing by Ruby telling me "Happy Birthday!" and shoving my very own "love token" at me. Well, she later informed me it was a card. Anyways, there was a picture on the front. She told me what it was. Alpine (our kitty), a male lion, Hickory (our dog), a sad Ruby because the octopus died, and an octopus. What a random card! She had a sweet message written on the back, too: "Happy birthday Mommyyyyyyyy!! Love, Ruby. I love you." She then told me that she wrote so many "y's" because she didn't know what else to write to fill up the space. Funny monkey.
Ruby and Jadelyn were having a conversation the other day when Jadelyn busted out with this statement: "Mommy loves me the best 'cause I'm the youngest". Oh, really? Hadn't heard that one before. Well, I'm glad to know that she feels loved. Who knew the youngest sibling birth-order-thing started so young?!?!?!
Okay, MUST MAKE LUNCH!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment