Monday, September 8, 2014

Van Rides.

Today we went on a bit of a road trip.  Just a bit.  Started in Phoenix.  On the day that they got the most rain in the history of Phoenix.  Flooding.  But we avoided it, for which I am so thankful.  Last time we visited Phoenix overnight it was 67 freezin' degrees and we were there to swim in a freezin' outdoor pool.  I'm thinking that Phoenix and I are not friends.  Anyways.

The van ride was a bit crazy.  The kids were way more excited and FEISTY than they should have been and much more than they normally are.  At one point, I turned around to see Jadelyn licking her sunglasses.  Why?  Nobody knows.  Then, I turned around later and found Isaac with his snorkel gear on like that is a totally normal way to go down the road.  Right?  And THEN I turned around another time to see Jadelyn, with a UN-lidded waterbottle up to her head sticking straight out, and her eyes were all crossed looking at it.  I mean.  WHERE did this kid come from?  HOW did she end up in my family?  I asked her.  She shrugged and then suggested that maybe she came from the "crazy farm".  I think I need to stop turning around while we're driving. 

Earlier, Ruby asked, out of the clear blue, if Uncle William's family is breaking the rules.  What rule, pray tell?  Well, she wanted to know if they were breaking the law when they get out of their seats and use a potty seat in the car.  This was followed by much conversation.  About how if we raced across America, their family would kick our tail.  And about how we could call the police and have them pulled over to give us a fair chance.  And on and on and on, and then Isaac busts out talking about the ceiling of the van.  I died laughing.  As in I could hardly breathe.  I started to cry.  Isaac was mad about me laughing at him.  (He continued later, after I regained some composure, talking about some contraption on the top of a van for using for some purpose about pottying and where the poop and pee would go.)  I mean, HOW AM I EVEN RELATED TO THEM??!?!?!?  Then, I'm so tickled I texted Shelley about it.  About how our family was talking about her family and I was dying laughing and it was hilarious and she would need to trust me and it was about their family pottying in the van.  And I got a reply.  That the recipient didn't recognize this number but laughter is good for the soul.  I thought Shelley was pulling my leg.  So I texted back something about, "Is this not Shelley?  Are you not joking?" and I got a response that they weren't joking and it wasn't Shelley and "Peace".  Of all the texts to send to a wrong number, I send a text about pottying in the van.  Not a text like, "where you at?" or "what're you up to?" or "are you almost here?"  Nope.  Not me.  I text strangers about pottying in the van.  Maybe I DO belong in this family after all.  Ai yai yai.

No comments:

Post a Comment