Sunday, July 21, 2013

This and That....

This morning, we had LOTS of blackberries to pick.  All 3 kids came to help, and they did a SPLENDID job!  Isaac and Jadelyn picked ahead of Ruby and I, who came behind on clean-up duty.  Took a little over an hour, but we got 3 gallons.  I was supposed to make jam today, but alas, I did not.  I weeded.  And weeded.  And weeded the garden.  And did some laundry.  I'm old and sore now.  Well, I was already old.  Now I just added sore to it.  =P  Hopefully the weather (and my back) will hold out long enough to finish the garden tomorrow.  I really don't have that much left, but it's a part that hasn't been weeded for 2 weeks or so.  So yeah...that doesn't go so quickly.

It's part of this whole, let's-get-this-house-and-yard-ready-to-sell-for-a-good-price deal.  So so SO hoping it sells quickly so we don't have to worry about selling it anymore.  It would be nice to have one piece of the puzzle done.  As long as we get good neighbors in here for Mr. Tom and Ms. Tina.  Also, we finally got technologically advanced today and got our offer e-mailed to the realtor in what will be our new state of residence, so we'll see how that goes.  We really low-balled our offer - the house needs lots of fixing...and I'm cheap.  And it's bank-owned.  So, hopefully they just want this house off their hands!  ;P

Today the kids and Daddy-o headed into the booming metropolis of our hometown to pick up some ice cream and cones.  At the one and only Dollar General.  'Cause we're big and fancy like that.  So, they came back with stories.  Ruby said that a man dropped 3 cards and didn't know it (presumably credit cards?) so she picked them up and gave them back to him.  And also, a Daddy was holding his little girl who was around 4, and she kicked off her flip-flop, so Ruby picked it back up and gave it to them.  Guess she had a big pick-up day at DG!  ;P  Then, it was Jadelyn's turn to tell me a story.  On their way home, they saw a semi truck out on our booney roads....stuck.  We were talking about it again at lunch, and she was wondering, "why was that truck out here?" or something.  And then, like she often does, she came up with her own answer - to the extent of, "oh.  Maybe he wanted to go see if there was a bear up the hill and kill it."  Yup.  Why does she say these things like they are totally logical explanations?!?!?!?

In other news on the farm, David mowed and weed whacked and pruned down branches that used to whack us when we were mowing and burned brush and sprayed weeds in the driveway and overall was the bomb-diggity.  The kids cleaned up their turtle outside that they keep their outdoor toys in, and also rescued the tadpoles from the nasty pool (they wanted to get tadpoles in their pool, so we didn't clean it out, and boy did they get tadpoles!)  with help from the bomb-diggity Daddy-o.  Oh, and Hickory has another tick on his neck.  And I'm gonna miss our creek.

And that's enough mundaneness for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment