Thursday, April 12, 2012

OVER A MONTH?!?!?! =O

What's wrong with me, anyhow? =O

Well, not sure...busy, but you know, that's always the case, right? Maybe lazy and unmotivated. So I will do my best to get "caught up" and then stay caught up better...for I was reading old blogs last night and rather enjoyed reading nice things about my kids when so often I feel like I'm just pulling my hair out! ;P

So, to my old, old notecard I go.

One of the sweetest things I've seen is watching Isaac wipe Jadelyn's nose when they were sick. What a sweetie...don't think it was the CLEANEST wipe-up ever, but you know...he did his best.

Ruby told me that it takes her a while to go to sleep because it takes a while for her eyes to close. =P

I was throwing away one of Jadelyn's stinky poopy diapers when she commented that she was "sad for diaper. Because there's poopy in it". Empathy for a diaper, huh? Maybe sometime that will develop into empathy for PEOPLE, right?

When Ruby is sick, Isaac can just be the sweetest little man ever. He takes good care of her. I don't know if I blogged about this before or not, but relatively recently (in the past month or two), Ruby was not feeling well and was laying on the couch. I was working along when I looked over at the couch and found Isaac laying right next to Ruby with his arm wrapped around her. Oh, that boy....

We had some "tree cutters" at our house about a month ago. The kids were intrigued. Ruby was so intrigued, in fact, that she let me know, "I changed my mind. I was gonna be a nurse but now I might be a tree cutter". =) Isaac, too, has let me know that he might be a tree cutter when he grows up.

Jadelyn has very adamantly told us that she and Ruby were in Mommy's belly, but Isaac came from Daddy's belly. I assume this is because Isaac is a boy? Hmmm....

David was sick for a long stretch - sweating and snotting like crazy and I was having to change the sheets about daily. Yeah...nasty. Anyways, Isaac came up with a solution: "Daddy should sleep outside so you wont' have to clean it as much. Clean it. Clean it. It will just go in the grass." Hey, at least he's looking out for MY best interests, right? Not so sure about what would have been his frozen-Dad's interest if he'd been forced to sleep outside in the grass. ;)

We were eating our supper out on the porch, when Alpine the cat came up and got in Jadelyn's baked potato. Jadelyn let me know, "I not sad, Mom." When David came back out with a new potato for her, Lynnie asked me if I would "cut my tornado, please?" Ha!

Ruby was talking to (I think) Isaac about skirts and said, "see the little skirty thing in there?" and later asked, "are you sad you don't have skirts like us?" And yes, I believe the answer was that Isaac IS sad. Poor only boy. =O

Jadelyn often prays and talks about Mr. Matt and Ms. Josie. Still. And she only remembers them from their one visit to our house around 2 months ago. Guess they made a strong impression! One day she said, "I love Mr. Matt. I love Ms. Josie." And I believe she does, too.

One day after sneezing (I think), Isaac let me know, "I like 'blessing yous'. It feels good to me." =)

I had to remove a band-aid from Jadelyn and she cried and cried and cried, but then told me, "I not cy 'bout it". Oh, right...wonder what it was called, then.

There. Caught up on my notecard. That wasn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment