Yesterday, Ruby commented that it's a good thing they didn't put a cast on her mouth....'cause then she couldn't talk. About a half an hour later or so, we were putting them down for bed, and Ruby wanted to kiss me...so she noted another good reason they didn't put a cast on her mouth is because then she couldn't kiss. =)
Isaac loves the shop-vac that we use for vacuuming Ruby's cast with the cast cooler. He's vacuumed out the van and vacuumed in the house....yesterday I went back to his room where the vacuum was running to find him peeling stickers off his shirt and sticking them down the vacuum hose. Crazy kid. On a side note, there are stickers all OVER the place. Wowzers....people sure gave us LOTS of stickers! =)
This morning I was telling Jadelyn how I had the "Hungry Cow" song stuck in my head and asked her if she had a song stuck in her head. "No. Just hair." Oh, literal Lynnie. =)
I had some story about Lynnie I was going to write last night, but I didn't write it and now I forget it. =O
Ruby is doing GREAT with her cast. She still mentions how she wishes she didn't have it, but for the most part she's been quite happy. When she wakes up from her nap, she bangs around on the baby monitor to let me know that she's ready to get up. And when I go to get her, she has the BIGGEST happy smile on her face and the shiniest eyes, and oh, that girl. I love her. Isaac is starting to have some jealousy problems - wishes he was Ruby so he wouldn't have to take the sheets off his bed or so he would get mail (I have GOT to make him a card...) He's been just irritating his sisters as much as he can. Guess he's having a harder time coping with this cast than Ruby is. =P I'm taking him on a "date" to Wal-Mart tonight. Just the two of us. He's geeked. And the girls? They don't know. It's our little "secret". =O
Isaac had a fever when we got home from the hospital on Friday, and had it some on Sabbath, so we missed church. Much to Ruby's chagrin. Isaac kindly shared whatever bug it was with Jadelyn, who has had a fever since Monday, I think. Last night it was up to 103.4. YIKES!!! =O Hoping she gets better soon and that Ruby is left out of that kind of sharing. =P
Yesterday was a rough day for me. Due in part to the kids attitudes, probably, but mostly due to MY attitude. =O So, when David came home, he sent me out mowing. Therapy for my soul, I tell ya! ;) And now my yard looks presentable....or at least more than the hayfield my yard was becoming looked. =O
Okay, that's probably it. Maybe sometime I'll get around to posting pictures. 'Cause we've got some great ones. Crazy kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment