Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quick randomness....

We have a trusted babysitter. One. Ms. Evelyn comes every other week so David and I can go on a date. The kids love her. But apparently Ruby is getting bored with her. Last night when we got home, Ms. Evelyn said that Ruby had asked when Caitlyn, Ms. Evelyn's niece, will come with her again, 'cause it's more fun when Caitlyn comes. Then, I was talking to Ruby about it today, and she said that she wants a new "baby nurser". I asked what a "baby nurser" was. She said something like, you know, the person who watches kids when their parents are gone. I told her that was a "baby SITTER". So, she said she wants a new babysitter. So she can see someone new. Sorry, kiddo. Safe, good, Christian babysitter over meeting someone new. =P

Also learned that Jadelyn told Ms. Evelyn that she didn't want Ms. Evelyn to put her to bed, "Mommy do it". Ms. Evelyn told her that she was going to put Jadelyn to bed, but Mommy would check on her when I got home. Stinker kids.

Today, I watched the 5 year-old son of a friend from church. It went well. Relatively. Besides normal childhood stinker-ness. Poor kid wanted to watch a movie - yeah, we don't do that. Then, we went outside and he wanted to come inside. Crazy. We stayed outside. Gotta learn to love the outdoors sometime, right? =) Anyhow, overall it went quite well, which is really good seems as how we might have him every Wednesday morning.

Ruby and Isaac agreed that they wanted to give this kid their wooden train set. Their awesome wooden train set. The one that Gram and Pucka got them. The one that Isaac loves to set up and watch and watch and watch. That one. What to do? I want my kids to be generous and unselfish, but to be honest, that's probably my favorite toy we have in this house. So...they offered it to his Mom. When she realized it was the WHOLE SET, she turned them down gently. Her son was sad. I was relieved. That's wrong, isn't it? =O

Oh, Ruby gave this poor kid some lessons in "farm" life. First, I overheard her telling him about when one of our chickens was killed. Then later, she was educating him about mouse poison. Something like this: "So, see this here? There is food for mice in here. And they think, 'oh, this is good for me! If I eat it, I will grow big and strong!' And then they eat it, and they walk around for a while, and then they die. 'Cause it's poison. My daddy put it in there. With gloves." She's so matter-of-fact...

That's it! I'm just trying to not get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment