Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ruby, Ruby.

Today I was pointing out to Ruby that I was a bit worried that her continued thumb sucking (yup, she's still at it!  =P) is possibly pushing her new front tooth forward.  She stopped sucking her thumb as she thought about it.  A little later, I noticed that she was sucking her thumb again.  "Ruby, your poor teeth!" I said, expecting that she'd pull that thumb out right away.  But no.  Instead, she gritted her teeth around her thumb, exposing a bit of her thumb to show that no longer was she sucking it in the FRONT of her mouth, but on the SIDE.  Yes.  What should I do when my kids are smarter than me?!?!?!  =O

Tonight, I kidnapped Ruby for a little sunset watching date outside.  She seemed to be getting bored, but when I asked if she wanted to go inside, she said she wanted to stay outside.  Then she asked where the sun was rising now.  She said that when she gets old enough, she'll type in "where does the sun go when it leaves Arizona, Holbrook" in the computer.  Then she realized her mistake and giggled, "oh, Holbrook, Arizona!"  So, when we got inside we had a little science class with Daddy about what makes the seasons and day and night and such.  I just liked her wording about the sun leaving one place and going to another.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment