So, David and I were talking the other day, and realizing that each time we move we get further and further away from civilization (i.e. Wal-Mart). Battle Creek, Mena THE BOMB DIGGITY (okay, we were probably closer to Wal-Mart in Mena than Battle Creek - I mean, we COULD walk there =O), Cicero, Crab Orchard, Grand Junction, Crab Orchard (okay, those last two were about the same), Arizona land. Wowzers. We got ourselves a drive here, Buddy! =O
So, the kids and I headed off on our big town adventure today. We got to town at 9:30am, but got lost trying to find Lowe's, which we finally located around 10:10am. Don't be TOO jealous of my navigating skills, okay? ;) Anyways, we were in the fun land of Lowe's (the kids said upon entering, "this is a FUN STORE!!!") for about 3 hours. And I'm not sure I have exactly what I need to attempt to texture the ceilings in the new house. Oh. Did I mention that our abode is a TRASHED MESS? Yes, indeed. SO FAR above my skill level. I have a LOT to learn. =O Anyhow. We got out of Lowe's by 1:11pm. Yes, I notice these things. Say 3 letters with me - O.C.D. There. We said it. =P So, we swung by Panda Express for lunch. Because A. it was close to Wal-Mart, the next stop, and B. I was being adventurous. Upon entering, I could not locate what their entrees were on the menu, and I wasn't sure of serving sizes and it looked like it could get expensive to feed the masses. So we exited. To be fair, "A" was the main reason we went it. =O So, we headed out to find another place. And located Wendy's. Tried and true. I ordered 4 baked potatoes, 4 side salads, 1 large fries, and 1 medium Frosty. And all but 1/2 or so of one salad and about 1/2 a potato were eaten. Incredible. Then we ventured to a VERY LARGE (for small town folks like us) Wal-Mart, which, alas, has no fabric section to be found. =( We survived the trip, but by the time we got out to the van at 4:14pm or so (okay, so those times are when I started the van and could check the time, 'cause my watch literally fell off my wrist on some day we were driving out here), I had some tired kids. TIRED. They really did well for such a long day. By the time I looked in the rear view mirror 8 or so minutes later, they were konked right out. Sweetie Pies.
And that is the summary of my day. Except for the couple stories that I got on here to really write about. Here they are:
Ruby's favorite moment of the day had to be when I let her go potty by HERSELF at Wendy's. She came out of the restroom with the biggest, CHEESIEST grin on her face, 'cause she did it ALL.BY.HERSELF. Oh, the simple pleasures. Cracked me up.
Jadelyn has become a Pharisee. "Do they sell MEAT here? I'm glad WE didn't get MEAT." and on and on. And then, as we were leaving, a sweet 79 year old lady named Pat stopped us on the way out to ask if my Dad's name was Danny, I think. Nope. But it DID open the way for Jadelyn to practice more Phariseeisms. "Why are you wearing earrings and jewelry? Why do you have the look at mes? Why do you have 3 rings?" and on and on and on. Ai yai yai. I'm glad that Pat's hearing seemed to not be super. =O Then at Wal-Mart, we were checking out, so she says to the cashier, "Why did you paint your fingernails like that?" (Side note, the lady did NOT paint them like that. She glued 'em on. ;) ) CHILD, STOP IT!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and one more Jadelyn gem. Oh, wait. Two. As we were driving to town, we were having worship, 'cause we were late like that. We're in the midst of it, and Jadelyn is like, "remember how our cat died?" Random. And then, as we're getting out of the van to go to Wal-Mart she says, "Mom, boogers keep crawling up your nose and you have to pick it out." I'm assuming she was referring to herself as the "you". Good grief.
And with that lovely note, I bid you goodnight. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment