Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Job endings, Twin birthdays, and more!

So, it’s been a while. Hmmm…let’s see…David’s boss finally found his replacement (he resigned at the beginning of October, but he was sticking around until they could find a replacement), so his last day of work was Dec. 11. What’s next? Only God knows! We’re stumped…just know that nursing home administration and family time don’t mix very well. =P So, that was exciting. The next day, on 12-12-12, my twiniokies turned 12 (if you add their ages together, of course – thanks Aliya, for pointing that out…I totally would have missed it!), meaning, naturally, that they are 6. SIX whoppin’ years old. Ai yai yai. =O We had a low-key day with Daddy-o. Well, if you consider sledding behind the lawn mower on the grass and down the driveway "low-key". It was crazy, let me tell ya. They wore a hole right through one of the sleds, that got found out when they hit a mudpuddle (kid’s request) and Jadelyn got soaked right through her snowpants. Of course, I must document what cakes the kids wanted. Ruby wanted a cheesecake. With a pink and white soft blanket in the middle, the words "Happy 3…6 birthday, Ruby!" (okay, she really just wanted "Happy 3 birthday, Ruby!" on it, but I told her that might be a little confusing when looking back at the pictures =O) in "light green", and red flowers around the edge. Isaac, who is again on a no-sugar kick, still wanted a cake, so Jadelyn could eat it. Aww…He wanted a round, double-decker blue cake (yup, the actual "cake" part), with green frosting. In the middle was a blue ladybug with a black head, antennas, and spots, and the words, "I’m glad you had a birthday. Happy 6th birthday, Isaac!", also written in blue, were written around the lady bug. There were white moons around the top of the cake and pink stars around the bottom. Silly kids. Their cake choices always crack me up. This is the first time they got to choose the words – veeeeery interesting! ;) Isaac picked "sugar-free" (whatever) mint chocolate icecream, and Ruby chose Rainbow Sherbert…then switched to strawberry ice cream….and then back to Rainbow Sherbert. So crazy they are this old!!! =O OH! The weekend we went to Karl and Linda’s, Linda threw a surprise party for "two special guests". She had the kids helping her all morning, cleaning windows, and decorating for the "two special guests". When it came time for the actual party, and we told Ruby and Isaac that THEY were the "two special guests", it took a while to sink in. Ha. Anyhow, Grandma and Grandpa gave them some really cool ABC stickers and some awesome math books. Ruby has been eating hers up! She finished over a chapter in just 2 days (there are only 8 in the book). Most of that being in 1 day, when she spent about 3 hours total on it. She’s been on a bit of hiatus the past few days…with the exception of a little work she did with Daddy yesterday…life has been a bit…ahem…unique. Anyways…on to some little stories!

One day, Jadelyn was pretending to be a bunny. "Mom?" she asked. "Yes, Honey Bunny?" I replied…not realizing at the time that I had called her bunny, and she was pretending to be a bunny. When I realized it shortly after it came out of my mouth, I was quite pleased…=) Ha. Anyways. Back to the conversation…"Why you say, ‘swimming bowl’?" Jadelyn asked. I informed her that I had said "honey bunny". To which Jadelyn retorted, "you’re supposed to say bunny!" AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ruby was praying sometime after her birthday party at Grandma’s house, telling Jesus something like, "thanks for the party, but thanks more for You". In a different prayer, she again thanked Jesus for the party, and then asked something like, "help Jadelyn to have one just like it someday". Sweetie pie.

Remember I was saying earlier that Ruby loves her math book? Well, here it is, in her own words: "I like my math book more than any toy in the house". She may just be a math nerd like her mother. =O

I was working in the kitchen, when Ruby and Isaac came in to get some containers for whatever game they were playing at the time. The drawers in the cupboards were left pulled out. I asked Ruby if she would close it all up for me. "Yes, I can", she replied, and then she added as an afterthought, "’cause my arms aren’t broken." Ha! Soon after, I think, I was brushing my teeth (too vigorously, the dentist says, ooops), while Ruby was on the potty. True to form, Ruby was just saying whatever came into her mind, I suspect. And what gem popped out this time? Something like, "it’s better for a toothbrush to fall in the toilet than for somebody to die." True. Random, but still true.

Last Friday night, we went to the Critter Barn with the Lehmans. David is in love. ;) The kids were shockingly hesitant at first. I had wondered what our time in Michigan had done to them, as far as nature stuff, ‘cause we just don’t get out as much as we did in good ‘ole Kentucky. Well, I found out. We walked into the barn, and they were all scared and stuff. Yikes! Time to move back to Kentucky!!! =O Anyhow, they eventually warmed up. They got to pet a turkey (I think Isaac passed on that one), all kinds of chickens, goats, sheep, bunnies, cats, hold baby chicks, and see even more. They all LOVED holding the baby chicks, though I think Isaac said his favorite part was the bigger chickens…I think he misses our feathered friends in KY. We also got to go to a live nativity, which was nice…I liked the part at the beginning when the lady was talking about historical things, and she had all kinds of pictures from the Holy Land, including what barns looked like then (kinda a cave-like thing), and cement-looking mangers. Anyways, I thought it was cool. Not as cool as David thought the animals were, though, apparently. He’s been raving about it ever since!

Was working with Ruby on her Memory Verse for Sabbath night’s homeschool Christmas Program at Grandma and Grandpa’s. When the following conversation occurred:
   Me: "Now there was in that same country."
   Ruby: "What country?….Oh! Now there was is that same country….."
   Me: "Shepherd’s living…"
   Ruby: "…in a house".
   Me: Disbelief.
   Ruby: "Once upon a time…"
Ai. We have a bit of work to do!!! =O  In her defense, though, that WAS the first day we'd been working on it.  Today, she gave up, I'm afraid.  Which isn't all bad.  She needs to focus on learning the words to "Away in a Manger".  Funny kid. 

Today we had a "big" day. For, you see, we went to the doctor’s AND to the dentist’s! Wowzers. We’re getting all SORTS of crazy in our old age. Anyhow, Ruby and Isaac had their yearly check-up, and then all 3 kids and myself got some shots. Jadelyn kept asking throughout our time at the doctor’s, "when am I gonna get my fluid shot?" You’d think she was all excited or something. Well, physical’s ended, and shot time arrived. I went first – to show my bravery, you know. =P Jadelyn was next. She handled it all like a champ – BLESS YOU, JADELYN!!! Because if little sister can be brave, big siblings have to be, too, right? =) Ruby got 2 shots, and whimpered near the end. Isaac was superb. This is GREAT, considering that he told me earlier in the week that he was going to scream REALLY loud to "make them deaf" because they were going to be "mean" to him. Anyhow, it was so, so, SO much better than 2 years ago, when I had all THREE kids screaming bloody murder – either because they were getting a shot, were scared, or because someone else was crying and was "hurting my ears". Yes, today was a definite improvement.

Then, it was off to the dentist. For 4 cleanings. Which fell right during naptime. When you’re trying to get appointments in real quick before your insurance runs out, you just do what ya gotta do, ya know? =P Anyhow, the kids did GREAT. Well, they were a bit rambunctious during MY cleaning, but for theirs they were amazing! All 3 kids were very excited to get their teeth cleaned, but I especially enjoyed watching Isaac. Part because Ruby and Jadelyn were out in the waiting room with David for pretty much the whole thing, so it was more peaceful, and partly because Isaac was so GEEKED. He was opening his mouth when he didn’t even need to, and it was just cute watching his little jaw get tired from holding his mouth open for so long. Well, tonight, as I was putting the kids to bed, I was talking about how excited Isaac was and how he kept his mouth open even when he didn’t need to. Isaac then piped up, telling me that he wasn’t keeping his mouth open due to excitement, but because he wanted to store up "slobber" in his mouth so she would use the "spit sucker". Oh, boy…I-see, my man…you crack me up!  On a side note, his bottom two middle teeth are getting quite loose - and I just found it out today - when we were eating lunch right before the dentist appointments.  Eating an uncut apple was proving to be a bit painful, and then I found out why.  HOW IS HE THAT OLD?!?!?!?!  I told him I might cry when he loses his teeth, 'cause it means he's getting all old and stuff.  Sniff, sniff.  Oh, and Ruby has an adult molar.  Who knew?!?!?!  I mean, I think I saw it coming in months ago, and then, well, I forgot about it, until I was informed of the news at the dentist's.  =O  STOP GETTING SO OLD ALREADY, WILL YA?!?!??!?!?

During nighttime prayers, Jadelyn was praying right along. She got to this part pretty early on in her prayer: "sometimes I hit. Then Mommy gives me a spanking. Then I die. I tink." Then, directed to me, "do I die when I hit?" I assured her that she didn’t. She went back to praying, "help us to find a new house. I like this jacket that Mommy is wearing. Help me to be good. Help me not to be bad. Amen". I "tink" she inherited some ADHD tendencies from her father. =O

And on that random prayer note, I will leave you! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment